Pound of wax = ???? fl.oz.

How many fluid ounces in a pound of wax?:rolleyes2

I'm using my presto pot to melt my wax and I've been trying to "guess" how much a pound of wax is for pouring. I always have too much over in the end. My idea is to measure a pound of wax in my pyrex measuring jar, and then mark it off in my pouring pots for future use. I just need to know how many fl oz makes 1lb of wax.

Thanks in advance.......

And if you want to know for a fact, for yourself. Weigh out 1 pound, melt it and pour into measuring cup ;)

Let me tell you my problem with that..... I have tried in vain to cut my slabs into equal parts so that each part measures an exact pound. I landed up having to "hack" my wax into pieces, and had so much wastage, that I'm not going for that method anymore. I just dump half of the slab in the presto, and then want to measure it melted. Seems a whole lot more efficient to me.....:rolleyes2

Let me tell you my problem with that..... I have tried in vain to cut my slabs into equal parts so that each part measures an exact pound. I landed up having to "hack" my wax into pieces, and had so much wastage, that I'm not going for that method anymore. I just dump half of the slab in the presto, and then want to measure it melted. Seems a whole lot more efficient to me.....:rolleyes2

Well, I didn't mean every time you need wax, I just meant the first time to mark the pots ;)

I've never gotten mine to cut up equally. I just add chunks to the scale until it equals 1 lb. I have to bust it up to fit in the presto anyway. Not real sure how it gets wasted, but to each his/her own :cheesy2:

Well, I didn't mean every time you need wax, I just meant the first time to mark the pots ;)

I've never gotten mine to cut up equally. I just add chunks to the scale until it equals 1 lb. I have to bust it up to fit in the presto anyway. Not real sure how it gets wasted, but to each his/her own :cheesy2:

Thanks for the advice anyway.... The wastage comes from all the little "shards" that land up all over the place. Maybe I'm not using the most efficient way to cut the wax. I'm using a putty knife, and when I give it a good whack with the hammer, little pieces of wax fly all over the place. I've been cutting it up in the garage, and don't want to pick up all the little pieces and use them, as they're invariably covered in dog hair or dirt particles that would just contaminate the wax.

I make my candles for home use, so unlike many of the "professionals" on the board, I don't have a dedicated workspace, and use my kitchen. I really don't want wax all over my hardwood floors.......

What I do when I have hard wax is whack inside a plastic bag inside the box that it comes in, that way even the little tiny shards of wax are all contained. ;)

And believe me, those little tiny ones come in handy when you're weighing and you just need a bit more to get the correct weight. :D

Edited to add: I don't have a "dedicated workspace" either although I am starting to sell. There are a LOT of us that are still using our kitchens for lack of extra space to work in. Even Trish, our big pillar wholesaler :D still works in her kitchen, huh Trish!? LOL