Which FO Suppliers have a Review System?

Judy, USMC

I'm tired of reading supplier descriptions saying "incredible throw" in soy only to have it dud out in my wax!

-- The Scent Forum doesn't have all the suppliers participating yet. And a lot of the reviews do not include what application it was used in.

-- There is a Scent Review Board - but it's sponsored by a soap company.

-- Went to the listing of suppliers - but would take an incredibly long time to visit each of their sites.

So, can you tell me which suppliers have a buyer feedback or review system for their FO's?

TYIA !!!

I so agree, would be nice to have the suppliers test all their scents but guess there are too many waxes.

That's what so brilliant about the Feedback/Review feature. A review is posted by the FO buyer after the candle is poured. A good reviewer will (at a minimum) include the type of wax and the aroma throw they achieved...and perhaps info like the size of the pillar, style of the container, and the wick size. Those of us who are looking for established scents that throw in a particular wax have the recommendations right then & there!

The suppliers do not need to spend any money in materials since the buyer does that when they test pour. And I think it would be an excellent feedback system for the supplier - they could read why some of the oils are not selling. Since the chandlers make the comments, slanted descriptions of "incredible throw" would be quickly discredited, too. All it would take is a little more space on the supplier's site - and maybe a $$$ investment to pay a site designer to add this feature.

And it is a great marketing tool. I'm off to visit the sites Scented and Tereasa mentioned. I'm sure they'll get some more of my business and I will be sure to post after I do a test pour using their aromas, too!

Please remember that a supplier can edit out or cancel any negative reviews. At least one of the supplier boards mentioned in this post does exactly that. The supplier has purchased the fo & HAS to sell it. If there are negative reviews, they will get stuck with it. The only real way to know if a scent is good is to buy a sample and test it. I'm just so surprised at the "shortcuts" peeps want to take to fine a good scent. Candlemaking is EXPENSIVE! Carole

The problem with editing negatives is that we do not get a true and accurate FO review. I wont mention any names but one site in particular is known for their editing. If each and EVERY review has 5 stars..then you KNOW that someone has either tampered with the system...or else ONLY posted those reviews with 5 stars...leaving the lower ratings out of the review altogether. This does NOT help the potential buyers who are looking for accurate and honest customer reviews/opinions.

Although I LOVE their FOs...I felt cheated after seeing this and even wrote to them about it. They then pointed out that there was one (1) !! review that only had a 4 star rating. (rather than the 5 stars) That too must have been lowered after I contacted them because I had looked through ALL of them and any that were rated at all were 5 stars.

Why even have the reviews if they are going to be tampered with to make EVERYthing look good? IMHO It's very misleading. I do not believe that a reputable supplier would change or edit their customer's reviews.

Mt Annie

P.S. USMC, if you find wax reviews that you're looking for please lmk also. I've tried looking at scentforum for such reviews but most all of their wax reviews that I clicked on are reviewing more FOs rather than the wax specified.

Thanks much!

=====================

I have no problem visiting places where the negatives are edited. I'm looking for positive reviews for the specific wax I'm using.

I agree with Bug.......I pay no attention what so ever to any review on any FO......I test it myself. There are way too many waxes and variations of additives, wicks, containers, etc. out there to ever get an exact, accurate idea of how any FO will perform without testing for yourself. Candle making is not cheap, there is no easy, short cut method to testing and I for one would never take anyone's word that something was good or bad in my own applications!! :cool2:

OK, Those of you who have added your unsolicited comments under the guise of "advice" :angry2: - The question was very simple and basic. I know what information I'm looking for on the review sites ... I just needed to know which suppliers had the system. You shouldn't paint the feedback system with such a broad generality just because you are dissatisfied with one or two suppliers' editing system. You don't have to use it - but I consider it tool - NOT A SHORTCUT. Been doing this for over 8 years now; I know how expensive it can be if you don't do your research!

A big thanks to Scented, Tereasa, Karen OH, and Ginger in Arkansas for answering the posted question. I appreciate you guys! :yay:

i love when suppliers have this on thier website. I find it silly to say that anyone is taking a shortcut by wanting to use feedback from other people to decide if they want to buy a product. Ill tell yah, im such a foho that I could have wasted alot of money by getting fos that would never end up working in my wax. These features have saved me alot of money. and you know what im glad some people want to help out and save their customers money or their friends time by sharing their experiences they have had. isnt that what this board it about? helping each other and sharing your ideas and experiences?:confused: if not then why are you here?..............................

NE way ky has a bar to the left that tells you how well it throws in soy or parrafin and bath and body products but there are not any feedbacks, you check out her forum though and so far vicki has been dead on as to what throws and what doesnt.

SOS has a review system like this too. This do make a statement where they will remove any reviews if they don't meet certain criteria. But it's great too, because if you find a negative review or a product that has no review they will send you a free 1 ounce sample (limit 4 per order). I can't tell you how many free samples I've gotten (before they had the 4 per order I went wild - I may have been the reason for the 4 per order rule!) and usually the reviews by other customers are pretty accurate to my results as well.