Fragrance oil/scent descriptions?

bunkie68

If you use a straight FO, how do you describe it? Do you use the description on the supplier's website, or put it into your own words? I know some descriptions are copyrighted, and obviously with those, you'd paraphrase, but I wasn't sure about the ones that aren't copyrighted.

I usually use some of the words in a supplier's description -- sometimes I don't see a way around it. When the scent has vanilla undertones and a spicy kick -- there's only so many words you can use! But I try to personalize them so that they catch people's attention. I want my descriptions to paint a picture of the scent so that the person can actually feel it. I figure if they stop and read the whole descrption and then say "I want that!" to themselves -- that's most of the battle right there.

• 3 weeks later...
Are descriptions copyrighted? New one on me, but I wouldn't doubt it these days.

I know I'd tried to copy and paste from a couple of sites to share the description with my boyfriend (he's not actually making tarts, but he's moral support! :D ), and some places wouldn't allow copying and pasting.

I'll use the basic descriptions and tweak them for myself as best as I can, then - gotta get my scent list together so I can get my website up and running! :smiley2: