Pumpkin Custard Spice

8-GRAN-ONES

Sharon, I'm definately gonna burn the PCS to see if I like it or not ... I sooo want to like it. If it's not sweet enough, I might mix with Wendy's "Vanilla Bean Noel" ... love VBN ... forgot about that one! LOL

The Lemon Biscotti and Fig & Cantalope are on the list for my next order. I feel like a kid in a candy store. :bliss:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey~ Candlebuddy, debscent and I, use a 50/50 from Farmhouse in NJ, CD wicks. It's a NICE blend, that makes a very nice jar, IMO!

Good luck!

Thanks, Sharon, I'll definitely keep that in mind to try - can't wait to get my oils from 'Bert' :thumbsup:

Did I dream it, or was there a discussion a few months ago that the FH 50/50 was the same wax as sold by another supplier? There was some kind of quality issue with the other supplier, such as consistency problems, and some people switched over to the FH wax at that time.

Hi Carol, No, I wish that WAS a dream (it would've been a NIGHTMARE, more like!) but that did happen to debscent, a few other folks here, and me.

However, The wax that C&S was selling that was from a bad batch USED to also be sold by Sherri @ Farmhouse. She has a different house 50/50 blend now, and it is GREAT! (Thank God!)

I can't remember what I had for breakfast, so please bear with me. :DI think the problem was inconsistencies with Candles & Supplies' 1275 wax ... FH 50/50 soy blend is similar to it.

Yeah ... what Sharon said.

Candlebuddy have you ever tried the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Creative Candle Supply?

:cry2: all of you are enablers ,:o shame on you .now I went and ordered more oils and it is all your fault:( please do not find more suppliers as I cant resist:shocked2: but Burt:smiley2: was so nice:tiptoe: can,t wait to get these but then I have to order more wax :naughty: and the list goes on and on :sad2: of course I didn't order just one how could and FO aholic do that:rolleyes:

I'm also a lover of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin - I normally get it from Save on Scents and find it fine in Eco Soy or Container Paraffin...

Just emailed Bert now to see if she'll ship to the UK... Fingers crossed as I really want to try the PCS and a few others...:smiley2:

Ann-Marie x

casey2 ... no, I haven't tried the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Creative Candle Supply ... have you tested it?

I'm thinking I might - I can't seem to get any responses on the board for other oils to order from her - cause I hate just testing one:D but I have smelled this scent before from tarts I bought and it was awesome, I just couldn't get this scent to throw from GL....I'm on a mission:tiptoe:

I'm also a lover of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin - I normally get it from Save on Scents and find it fine in Eco Soy or Container Paraffin...

Just emailed Bert now to see if she'll ship to the UK... Fingers crossed as I really want to try the PCS and a few others...:smiley2:

Ann-Marie x

Hi Lady Dragon - I was headed to another company to try the Sweet Cinn Pumpkin then saw your post - would you consider it a bath & body smell or a foodie smell from Save on Scents? Do you have any other suggestions for ordering from Save on Scents - I use a pre-blended paraffin and am having a tough time getting any pumpkin fos to throw in my wax - thank you!!!!

Got me thinking now Casey...lol

We're not allowed over here to use US oils in B&B products unless they are independently tested to comply with EU regulations - waaaay to expensive unfortunately...

So I'd not really considered it for soap etc - to me it's very warm and autumnal and got a bit of a spicy kick but still a bit of sweetness there... Definitely more of a food type scent to me - but it is a BBW dupe so someone else might think otherwise... Come October or so it's constantly on the go in my kitchen and the whole family like it which is always a helpful bonus...;)

I used to get it from an Ebay supplier and it took me ages to hunt it down at SOS - but it's a flyer for me and not just in halloween candles... ;)

I'm not a real lover of Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Pie Spice or any variations of that type of fragrance that I've tried - but I keep coming back to SCP every year because I like it myself and it always sells well...

I don't know how the shipping costs work within the US - but if they have a fragrance I like I do try and buy it from them just because they fill to the top of the bottle rather than by weight and as an international customer I've always found them very reliable... Whether as a US customer it would be worth picking up just a couple of their 2oz bottles ($5 or so) as samplers I don't know... I always get the manufacturers standard grade myself - never really found the need for the ultra or premium... They've got a few reviews on it from other customers in a variety of applications...

I quite fancy the idea of trying the PCS from this company too - mainly because of the idea it might be a bit sweeter than the Pumpkin Pie types...

I use a preblended container paraffin wax which comes in slabs - not the variety of waxes here that you have in the US... Excellent scent throw in the container paraffin and the Eco Soy - I use about 6% by weight in the paraffin and about 8% in the soy...

Another one from them pumpkin wise which is definitely bakery type is Pumpkin Muffin - not as high on my hit list as SCP but still nice and popular with my customers...

If you want me to let you know which other oils I've used from them and how I found them in paraffin just let me know - don't want to look as if I'm waffling for Britain and hijacking this thread... ;)

HTH...

Ann-Marie x

ok ok ok thanks everyone. I want to order now BUT i use the cb135 do you think I'll have the same luck? Or should I switch to?:D

Did my first order from Bert a year ago and I'm also using the CB-135. With the proper wick (had to play just a little) I've found the Cool Water Type to be dynamite! BTW - I've renamed it Glacier Ice.

Should also add I've got Monkey Farts, Moonlight Path, Ornage Spice, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Simply Nuts and Rose Sandalwood. Some may have been dropped from her inventory - since I got these a year ago. Just sniffed and they're still potent! Gonna put them in CB-135 for the fall. Gotta get my order in before y'all buy it all!

Hey Judy~ Thanks for sharing about your experience with Bert's oils, guess we've been keeping her pretty busy these days!!! :D

Off to make my next order.... :cheesy2:

What are ya gettin'?????????

This pumpkin custard spice smells so different to me when burning...very buttery, maybe? I really love it! And you were right Sharon, it didn't need any cure time!

Cool Beans, Jenn! I really love that one too, and I could absolutely EAT my Lemon Biscotti Tarts!!!

OK, OK, I'll spill...

Cinn. Nutmeg Clove

Oatmeal Cinna Crunch

a lb. of the Lemon Biscotti (of course!)

and more of the PCS, too!

Vanilla Latte

Peach Parfait Pie

Apple Cinnamon

French Vanilla

samples of:

Holly Berry

Holiday Spice

Apple Cobbler (I THINK that's what it's called..)

....and 2 more that I can't remember off the top of my head, right now...

Hoping to get these on Tues...she ships fast, but we have the holiday in there! :o

Sharon,

Bert shipped to me on a Saturday and I got it on Monday!! You're not far from me, so you very well could have it by then.

You'll love the vanilla latte...keep us posted on the rest of those new ones you get! I didn't pour Oatmeal Cinn Crunch but it smells GREAT oob!