Look at what my grandaughter and I made...

MBShafeena

Being that Makayla is only 5 and is always wanting to help when I make soap I went and got some melt and pour, clear and opaque glycerine soap. Having read here so much about this kind of soap I decided I wanted to add some things to it, so I added some coconut oil and some grapeseed oil. Makayla and I decided to use up some of my remnants from other soaps I had made, extra pieces of cuttings, so we had orange, green, very dark brown. So we grated pieces of these and placed them on the bottom of a square heat proof pan. Now what to do.... we melted the opaque glycerine first and poured in over the mixture of colored pieces... then we decided to melt the clear glycerine and add just a tinge of color, then added some more pieces to the top and then we put some bronze mica powder on top and brushed it around a bit.... We also scented it "Autumun Harvest" which is an AWESOME scent and here is what we got :yay: . Makayla is thrilled and so am I. I tried a small piece of this and it doesn't feel sticky like most glycerines. It is very nice and lathers beautifully I guess adding the coconut oil and grapeseed took care of that, and I like the look and it smells divine!!!

Autumn_Harvest_Time-1.jpg

OK, so the additional oils neutralized the "sticky" feeling? I'm confused. There is no chemical reaction when you add oils to MP so they are "free floating" oilsl

Just wondering what your chemical analysis is for the additional oil.

"OK, so the additional oils neutralized the "sticky" feeling?". No there is no chemical reaction but it helped in getting rid of that "rubbery" feel that I find many glycerine soaps have. I can't stand that kind of thing on my skin when I am using soap.

OK, so the additional oils neutralized the "sticky" feeling? I'm confused. There is no chemical reaction when you add oils to MP so they are "free floating" oilsl

Just wondering what your chemical analysis is for the additional oil.

There doesn't need to be a chemical reaction for additives in MP soap to make a HUGE difference in how the soap behaves. Additives can make MP soap creamier, bubblier, lather better, and without a doubt moisturizing and skin loving.

But please, don't take my word for it. Try some for yourself... or better yet, make some for yourself.

First I would like to say, Beautiful job on them soaps!

Secondly my grand-daughter is 7 and is always wanting to help me with soapmaking, but using the lye and being new to all of this soapmaking I don't want her anywhere near the soapmaking process, she is also very, very active! This has given me a great idea on how we can do this together!!! Never thought of MP soap!!! When she comes to spend my days off I will give this a try with her!!! She'll be so phyced!!! She loves doing stuff with Meme` thanks for the idea!

Devil Woman