I need help finding..........

a metal bucket! Something thats approx 6 - 6 1/2inch diameter at the bottom preferably to go in a saucepan of water (although bigger would be ok, as I could use a big metal jam pan for the water).

I've given up with my wax melter, its too big and I don't have enough wax to fill it.

I've looked for a bucket for a while, and thought I'd found one in a shop. Went today and its far too big. I then found a metal bin, but that leaks.

I just want to make orbs, I'm getting seriously fed up searching now.

Is there an everyday household object I'm completely missing lol.

btw, I'm in the UK. Was thinking of a very large tin (coffee can) but I haven't seen big ones in the UK. A metal champagne bucket may do, but they seem very expensive, when you can find them.

Anyone put me out of my misery, pretty please?

Restaurant supply stores have lots of stuff. Here a pic of some stock pots that might give you some ideas. Some of these are pricey but I found a stainless steel insert type pot locally that was under $20. Also have some local supply stores that sell used stuff that is reasonably priced.

http://www.missionrs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EW12WC

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/index.cfm/S/133/CLID/1667/N/86891/Double_Boiler_Cover.htm

Hi Yvette

have u tried macro? they do large tins of t,coffe beans and peas. Not sure of the exact size but this is wot comes to mind at the mo. Or maybe search the web for a cleaners supply co that do the commercial mops and buckets they are usually metal!! Will keep thinking- hope you find something:grin2:

Restaurant supply is a good way to go. I use champagne buckets as well as straight sided inserts for steam table. However.....I found the champagne buckets less expensive. Luckily the first one I found in a second had store for $3.00.......I have been using it for 12 years. For the small 4" orbs I just use my pouring pitchers. For the larger ones I have to use something larger. I am always on the lookout for the "perfect" pot. (smile) Donita