Question about BIG shows...

Tess

Hi all!! A question to those of you who do the really big shows. The one I am planning on going to is expecting 15,000 people. As this would be the biggest show I have done, I need some input on how much I should make. Right now I am planning to take 48 votives in 40 scents, and 96 votives in the best selleing scents. I am taking 2 cases in 45 scents, and 3-5 cases in the best sellers. By cases I mean 12 9oz hex. I think it seems like alot, but I also wanted to not have to make as many candles since I will have shows back to back everyweekend. I am also taking melt pots, wax melts and tealights, and I am going to try to make a few pillars. Thanks for you input!!

Tess,

With that many people coming I would take everything that I could make. I think that you will do really well. But I seriously would think about making as mush as you could and whatever is left over ~~ No sweat~~ You can use it at your next shows.

I sympathize with you. I am worrying about not enough product and customers not buying because I don't have what they want. I did a small show Oct. 3rd, then a festival with about 10,000 the 8th and now going to do a festival the 14th, 15th & 16th with 30-40,000. I am low on some things, but had to house sit for 5 days for a lady I work for, so no time to make candles. I am worried that I will not have what people want, but I keep telling myself not to worry and if you run out they won't know I ever had it unless someone told them, lol. I have been told that the festivals are not as good as craft shows, this is my first year doing shows, learning. We are going to a craft show next month that is strictly handmade items and I think we will do good. It is indoor and 3 days.

Just take what you have and make the best of it. Sorry to rambleon about myself so much, got carried away. :rolleyes2

Thanks ya'll!! I am definately taking everything I have. I guess I plan to make everything I have an oil for lol!! Just wondering about how much worth of product ya'll take. I hope I can make enough lol!! :cheesy2:

I always try to figure it in dollars. If I think I will sell $2000.00 worth at a show, I take 3 times that much product along so I dont run out. Even if you run out of one or two scents the customers will have tons to pick from. Sounds like just in votives you have about 3000.00 in stock you are planning on taking so you should be ok there. If its that busy, you will not have time to pour unless you have some helpers with you. One year on one end of the booth we did a make your own candle with the granulated neon colored wax. The kids got to make them in a flower pot votive cup with wick and tab already in there. It went over ok, but it took us away from selling the candles that make you money in repeat sales so we quit doing them. Bruce