Presto Pot/Pressure Cooker??

Yikes! :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: Oh LORD no!!!! A pressure cooker is used for canning and quick cooking of foods by using pressure and heat. It has a twist on top that has a gasket to seal it. The top has a vent in the middle that has a weight on it to control how much pressure is inside the pot. Having blasted the weight off a pressure cooker before and cleaned the resulting STEW SPEW off the ceiling, the concept of using one for melting wax sends me into ORBIT!! Wow, I think I am breaking out in hives just visualizing this one...:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Prestos are nice electric kettles with nice thermostat dials that pull out for easy cleaning and have a nice magnetic contact so you won't knock the thing off the counter if you get tangled up in the cord. They also have a nice glass lid. They do not explode. They do not spew stew on your ceiling. Besides melting wax for candlemaking, they are great soup, stew, chili & spaghetti sauce cookers (don't use the same one as you use for melting wax...).

i love my presto pot, i'll never go back! 2 of my burners on my stove burnt out recently. my husband blames my candle makin!!!!!:laugh2: i already had one burnt out so i am down to one burner. not a good thing, i priced a new smooth top range and about fell off my seat!!!!!!!!!!!

my advice to anyone, save your stove, buy a presto!! you won't regret it

I opted for no spigot. To me the trade-off in convenience is not worth the extra cleaning, installation and potential for leaks.

It sounds scarier than it really is to cut a hole in a brand new pot! The instructions, however, are very straightforward and many non-plumbers have managed to install them just fine much to their delight. HTH :)