What Are You Crafting For Christmas?!

Hibiscus

I know all of you are working on something spectacular for Christmas. I'm pushing aside soap, candles and B&B stuff and preparing to sit down for hours upon hours and bead flowers for the upcoming holidays. I've got an idea for a clematis vine which won't be sold and I'm looking for just the right trellis and pot for it and I also have unfinished jewelry to work on... so by bye soapies and B&B gotta play with my beads now.:yay:

Hibiscus,

Thank you for starting this thread! Please, please, PLEASE post pics of your beaded flowers when you are done. I had gotten a book on how to do it after you posted those last pics, and I didnt really like the flowers the book offered, so I never played around with it.

For Christmas, I am definitely wanted to make several of those Knifty Knitter snowman that Provo Crafts website has. Id put the link here for everybody to see, but I dont know how:( .

Also, probably alot of various hats and scarves. Every winter for at least the last 5 years, I start getting requests from friends and family for crocheted stuff, but this year I will use the Knifty Knitter. Last year, I crocheted a Christmas colored toddler afghan for both Ava and one for her best friend. I also want to try another Christmas lap quilt with Ava pics on it for my parents. My fiancees parents got one last year.

Oh, and my goal is to finally come up with a slipper pattern (either crocheting, knitting, or sewing) that I can actually do; lol!!! Socks are my Achilles heel:laugh2: !

I think I also want to make Ava's Christmas dress for portraits this year, so I maybe asked you all for help sometime soon:grin2: .

Of course, projects will come up every time I go to the craft store and see something else. Last year, I bought some expensive blue/silver snowflake brocade fabric to make a diaper bag on a whim. I hardly ever used the bag because I wasnt happy with how it turned out. I do have some ideas for winter-y type purses that I want to try as gifts. I dont want the purses to turn out too cutesy though.

And, Ill want to make Ava lots of things. Winter is my favorite time of year, and I just melt at all the cute winter baby things. I have some cute penguin flannel fabric I never used last year that I will have to make into something. I have two friends that are pregnant right now, and one is due on Dec, 10. Im already starting on making her stuff.

All in all, i dont have any plans for anything amazing, just normal stuff. But, Im sure that will change:p !

Oh I love beaded flowers! I use those for gifts at Mother's Day!

For Christmas this year I'm doing a lot of polymer clay gingerbread things. Some little gingerbread house charms, gingerbread men (and women!) cookie earrings; all scented in gingerbread of course! Also some little mugs of hot cocoa with marshmallows, Christmas ornament earrings - all polymer clay.

I've got several more things in the works, too!

Sewing has always been something I've wanted to learn to do well, but I never had the time...hmm wonder why:laugh2: I have all these designs for linen, lingerie and evening wear swimming around in my already cluttered head:rolleyes2 . I can't wait to see all the neat stuff your making, especially for the baby. Don't forget to post!:yay:

Oh I love beaded flowers! I use those for gifts at Mother's Day!

For Christmas this year I'm doing a lot of polymer clay gingerbread things. Some little gingerbread house charms, gingerbread men (and women!) cookie earrings; all scented in gingerbread of course! Also some little mugs of hot cocoa with marshmallows, Christmas ornament earrings - all polymer clay.

I've got several more things in the works, too!

The few times I worked with polymer clay, I had a ball with my little nephews. They made some unidentifiable creatures for their mom for christmas...they were sooo cute! I will be looking for your ginger bread and the ornaments too!:grin2:

Christmas....I'm trying to get ready for Halloween! LOL..I will definately be making a lot of gifts this year. My husbands sister and I decided last year that we would quit buying for each other and just buy for the kids. My sister and I exchange but she doesn't have any kids and she is always helping me out with my 3 as is her husband, so I don't spend much she usually gets some kind of ornament and my brother in law gets a huge bag of pistachios...although last year as a joke he got a pair of pink footed pajamas (adult size). He and my dad kept teasing my 11 yr. old son about Ralphie's bunny pajamas from the Christmas Story and were saying how funny would it be if he got a pair...so thanks to Ebay...I found a pair. It will backfire on me though 'cause sister and brother in law actually took them home with them, i was kind of hoping they'd give them right back so I could actually wear them (our house isn't insulated much and sometimes our bedroom gets really cold)

Anyway...this year he will still get the pistachios but for my mom and sister I bought pretty floral canvas material off the clearance racks at JoAnn fabrics and I am sewing them garden totes. That's about as far as I got with the "ideas"

Well, My Christmas gifts are still in my head. I have a very large family that we buy for. UGH, I hate to even think about it. But this is what I plan on doing if I get the time.

For my mom, I would like to make her a scarf.

For my daughter I am thinking that I am going to try knitting her some socks. I don't know how well they will turn out but what the heck.

Now for the rest of the family they will get candles, soaps, cookies or anything else I can think of.

I am trying so hard not to buy..