gel embeds

I do a lot of the "preserve" candles in mason jars using wax embeds. I wait until my gel (mp) is as cool as possible but still flowing. I've also found it better to put my embeds in the freezer for a few minutes before pouring the gel over it. Since I wait until my gel is cooler, I don't put all of my embeds in at one time. I usually pour in several "layers."

thanks i will try that

also i see some gel candles have a t-lite submerged flush with the surface is this done by pouring the gel to the hight of bottom of t-light then when cooled adding t-lite and topping up??

One last thing some firms only place about on inch of wick in the top of the gel whilst others wick from the bottom of the container is this because they are mainly decrotive and not ment to be burnt or is it because the inserts they use are flamable i.e dried plants

Definitely don't try the floating wick thing! I bought one of those crappy books a couple of years ago and made a few in wine glasses, etc. Needless to say, it was a waste of time, materials, and could have been dangerous if I had not been watching during test burns.:whip:

What type of wax works best for embeds. Example if using pillar paraffin for embeds will it burn at the same rate as the gel? I have burned a gel candle from Walmart that looked so cute, "preserve" type but it smoked so bad I took it back. Could that have been the embeds and gel didn't do well together? I have some med gel thought I would play with and have lots of different waxes I could use for embeds. Also thought I read and my be wrong but is gel what some use to help the look of icing on their cinnamon bun candles? Thanks