lip balm experts...

I'm using a lip balm base for the first time (as I'm sure you've noted from my recent posts) and have a question for those who are more experience with this.

Here's the problem: I'm using the slim line tubes, and they'll push/roll up just fine, but they won't roll back down - the little mechanism in the tube rolls down, but the lip balm stays put. Any ideas for how to remedy this?

Thanks to all who have ideas!

Sarah

Sorry Sarah, I can't tell you why. I just checked mine, and they work just fine. I was going to suggest that maybe you used too much beeswax, but since you used a base that my not be the case. Maybe try calling the company you bought the base and lip tubes from. They may have some anwers for you. Good Luck.

Shannon

Sleeping Waters

What DeJae said is true... sometimes when you pour too hot... it messes them up. I've also had experienced the same thing as you.. even though I don't pour hot. I think it's the supplier of the tubes... I guess sometimes the quality is not good. Call the supplier and tell them and see what they say. I know I've bought some from a particular supplier... and it does exactly that... you can't twist the product back down. The most recent ones I bought from a different supplier... works like a charm. Chalk it up to quality of product... and buy from a different supplier next time:grin2: .

Thanks for everyone's replies. The mechanism works fine, it goes up and down, but when it goes down it just leaves the lip balm behind. There's no gap in the lip balm, it's one solid piece in the tube, but the bottom of the balm separates from the mechanism when it goes down - does that make sense? So maybe it has to do with the balm being to hard or too soft?

I did add some beeswax to the base, because the manufacturer said this batch was a bit softer than usual (and it was really soft), and I added the amount of beeswax she suggested... it seems like a good consistency/hardness to me now. I don't know, it's a little frustrating...

Creative Body Essentials, would you mind sharing the name of the supplier you think has better tubes (by pm if you prefer)? That would be awesome...

Thanks again everyone!

Sarah

I purchased my most recent ones from cottonblossomcrafts.com

it wasn't the slimline ones you use... just a regular lip balm tube... and they are clear natural looking. They actually have a special going on right now... that's why I got them!!! LOL No problems with them yet that I know of!! :grin2:

Thanks for everyone's replies. The mechanism works fine, it goes up and down, but when it goes down it just leaves the lip balm behind. There's no gap in the lip balm, it's one solid piece in the tube, but the bottom of the balm separates from the mechanism when it goes down - does that make sense? So maybe it has to do with the balm being to hard or too soft?

I did add some beeswax to the base, because the manufacturer said this batch was a bit softer than usual (and it was really soft), and I added the amount of beeswax she suggested... it seems like a good consistency/hardness to me now. I don't know, it's a little frustrating...

Creative Body Essentials, would you mind sharing the name of the supplier you think has better tubes (by pm if you prefer)? That would be awesome...

Thanks again everyone!

Sarah