Hi -new to this site and i made a dumb move

SCfire

Hi Everyone

I am new to this site, i live in South Carolina, by way of New York. I have been making bath and body products and candles for a few years now...but in moving i have not been involved as much as i wanted to...I am settling in and it's time to get back in doing with i love.

I have a problem, and i would like to know if someone can help me...I did something real dumb..I bought some all natural lotion from someone, that i buy fragrances from....they have good fragrances, don't get me wrong but there lotion sucks...It is thin as water, what can i do to make it thicker, i have used stearic acid but that didn't seem to work...it will cost me an arm and a leg to send it back even though they said i could send it back....please somebody, give me a suggestion....yes i have learned my lesson.

Thank you for your help in advance.

SCfire

I didn't ask for a sample because, i went on their reputation for have good stuff, but there bases sucks, and i ask them to pay and they said it is against policy...i guess i am just going to have to send it back, it seems no one has any suggestions to fix my problem...Thanks anyway.

SCfire

Sorry but it sounds like they have a crappy return policy, and that they don't really care about customer satisfaction. :(

I think I would try adding some kind of thickener to it, I don't see where that would hurt/disrupt the chemical balance, but that's just my opinion, and I am by no means an expert at this B&B stuff at all.

It just seems if it's going to cost you a ton to send it back, what could it hurt to play around with it, try to fix it, and then test the crap out of it to try and make it work for you?

Even some sites that sell bases sell thickening agents and recommend adding to the bases if they get too thin (you know when you add FO etc.?). ;)

Again, JMHO, take it with a grain of salt.

P.S. I just posted a thread about thickeners. ;)

I think I would try adding some kind of thickener to it, I don't see where that would hurt/disrupt the chemical balance, but that's just my opinion, and I am by no means an expert at this B&B stuff at all.

When you add something to it, you change the batch weight. Your preservitve is based on the total batch weight. So when you add too much, you can render the preservitve useless.

If its "all natural" lotion.... would it have a preservative in it?? Might be dumb of me to ask this, but hey, all natural to me would say no preservatives. OK, without you saying where you buy your lotions base from.... how about you tell us where you buy your scents from? ;) LOL Maybe you just got a bad batch, have you called to see how thick this stuff should be? Maybe when they get it back they will see its bad and pay for your shipping back to them? I dont think I would try to make it thicker if I were you. You would not know how to label the end product since you would not know where your additive would need to be listed on the original ingredient list and lotion labels have to be exact, since its a product that stays on your skin. Bruce