Matin Calin / Lait Sucre

simplicity

hi!! have you smelled any of these FOs? wondering how do they compare to the original & who has the BEST???

Scent Works

Lait Sucre (type)

"With a buttery note of milk and the sweetness of sugar candy and vanilla pod... This is a comfort scent like a mug of warm sweet milk before bedtime. What more could a 'sweet scent' lover want?"

Day-Star

Matin Calin (type)

"This is a richly warm, sweet, delicious scent also known as 'sugar milk'. This fragrance captures the essence of sweet toffee, milk, sugar, hints of vanilla pods, and ends with sandalwood."

Soap Silly

Matin Calin (type)

"Aka Lait Sucre. Rich, warm and delicious. The creamy, buttery note of milk and the sweetness of sugar and vanilla pod. Definitely a must-have comfort scent."

thanks in advance!

I like SW and DS the best. I did not find they produced any scent throw in candles, JMO. For B&B they were wonderful! They are light scents in the sense that milk is not a heavy thick scent. Neither is an overly sweet scent or so buttery that they smell like popcorn. Keep in mind that many FO's smell different once they are actually in the product, wax or soap. If I judged FO's just by how they smelled OOB I wouldn't have as many as I do. LOL!

Hi there! I couldn't resist replying to this although I don't think I'm going to be very helpful! :) I know we all have different noses but I gotta say I have bought about 300 samplers of FOs so far and Scent Works' Lait Sucre was so yucky and <<offensive>> to me I threw it out! I haven't purchased any Matin Calin FOs but have bought some bath and body goodies in that scent and it was a wonderful light creamy scent. Scent Work's Lait Sucre though is just nothing like I thought it would be. It's so hard to describe, I got no sweetness from it at all, no cream, no milk just very strong <<something>> LOL that contaminates everything else. :shocked2: I kid you not, I placed a few drops of Lait Sucre in an ounce of apple cinnamon (don't ask, I was trying something LOL) and the Lait Sucre is all I could smell and I had to throw that out too. It's just a very THICK scent that makes me gag....Don't let me stop you from ordering though, just try a very small amount! If the Matin Calin goodies I tried is what you are looking for then Lait Sucre is nothing like that.

Well that stinks! LOL! See it just goes to show how each nose detects scent differently. If I had to pick just one from the above list my choice would be SW. I find it to have a scent a little like sweet condensed milk but not too sweet so that it isn't like syrup. I haven't ordered from SW recently, if they still offer the small sizes(dram)that might be a big help. Once again, don't just judge it out of bottle. Try it in something, I've tested a dram in a small amount of lotion base to see if I would like it in B&B.

I love Lait Sucre, especially blended with other things. Try a little of it with either Black Cashmere or Ambra del Nepal. :naughty:

You 'gotta keep your mind open as to what different fragrances can add to something else.

I have both SW's Lait Sucre and Daystar's Matin Calin. To me they both smell the same oob, but unlike Lait Sucre, Matin Calin does not accelerate or seize in CP (according to the ScentReview board).

I've CP'd Lait Sucre and love the scent, but it was quite a hairy experience soaping it. Not to worry, though, because I went into it with my eyes wide open and I was quite prepared beforehand for the wild ride CP-ing it. I ended up going from CP-ing it to HP-ing it in the end (quite successfully, I might add) in order to save it, but I made a mental note to buy the Matin Calin from Daystar (based on the reviews I've read) for the next time I wanted to CP that kind of scent. I just recently recieved the Matin Calin from Daystar and I can hardly wait to soap it. I hear it soaps like a dream in CP.

Anyway, to me, they both have a sweet, milky scent that is so comforting. I've heard of some people on different threads describing the scent as smelling like buttered popcorn, or even smelly gym socks, but that's not how it smells to my nose at all. To me, it's just a straight, creamy, sweet, milky scent.

MarieJeanette

I have the SW version and I hve to say there is something twisted with it. Its sweet, but wow....there is something curdling in it too. I tried a blend of it with some spicey clove & that didn't go over well at all.

YES!! That's it, I think it smells like something curdling in there, couldn't find the right words. :)

Melany

I like the SW version the best. I don't pick up on anything wrong with it at all. Infact, I didn't find it to be sweet. However, it is such a light scent that I didn't bother testing it in candles. I used it in B&B.