Dye Chips

Has anyone used these for coloring your candles? If so, how did it work?

In my kit that I received I got dye blocks and it worked well. Just wondering about dye chips.

This would be for soy wax. Which is the better deal for soy wax, dye chips, dye blocks or liquid or powder. There is so many to choose from

:confused:

Guest Candelishis

All I use are dye chips for my soy candles. I use reddiglo chips, and I love them. I use about 1 chip per pound of wax, depending on the specific color I want for that candle.

Has anyone used these for coloring your candles? If so, how did it work?

In my kit that I received I got dye blocks and it worked well. Just wondering about dye chips.

This would be for soy wax. Which is the better deal for soy wax, dye chips, dye blocks or liquid or powder. There is so many to choose from

:confused:

I have used liquid for about a yr now & just recently switched to the chips..i cant believe i have lived this long without them....I love the chips!!!

Guest Candelishis

I haven't tried any brand but Reddiglo, so I don't know how they stack up against any others, but they are awesome. Let me know if you like the Reddiglo or the CS better after you try the Reddiglo. They're working too well for me to try anything else right now :)

Guest Candelishis
Where do you find those dye chips that you are speaking of?:D

I actually buy them on Ebay, you can get them dirt cheap from some places. I like to get the "assorted lots", you can usually find like a big batch of 100 where you can pick ten colors, or something similar. If I can't find any big lots of them on Ebay, I get them from candlesupply.com. I do this if I'm making a wholesale lot of candles and need a bunch of dye chips all the same color.

So..are the dye chips from CS and the Reddig dye chips different? Also, wanted to add, there are some great deals on ebay for dye chips, but just recently got ripped off from a big supplier on there selling dye chips. It's been 2 1/2 months after my order and still don't have it all and refuses to give partial refund or other dye chips. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Be careful! But I was just wanting to know whether or not the dye chips were the same. Sorry, got to rambling...

I got to looking on CS and they too are the reddig glo chips. I know they were the ones that were produced at Pourette, so I'm not sure what happens when everyone runs out of them. I just wonder if there are other chips out there. I think every site that I've been to, they are all the reddig glow. Anyway, yeah, the ebay thing, I was pretty upset. You know it was only a like a $15 transaction, but it was the point of getting ripped off. Didn't really like that too much, made me pretty mad, as if you couldn't tell....LOL! I learned my lesson. But yeah, if anyone knows if there are different kinds of dye chips, I would appreciate the info.

Guest Candelishis

Hey Shari, did you file and Item not received complaint with ebay? That is usually a prett good way to get things resolved. I have been using ebay for years, and have only had a problem once, and I filed the item not received complaint, and got a full refund in just a few days. Who was the seller, just out of curiosity? If you don't want to put it on here, can you PM it to me? I just want to know if I'm buying from the person who screwed you over. And yeah, it is just a $15 transaction, but it's your $15 that someone is getting and you're getting nothing in return. It sucks when that stuff happens, so if anybody is going to buy/sell on Ebay, pay the extra 60 cents for a tracking number!! It's totally worth it.

I have always used the dye chips & would never use liquid dye. I use soap safe liquid dye for my soaps and lotions and it always bleeds on the counter, floor & my clothes. It is just messy. It is hard to control for me because it glops all over the opening. I wish their was something solid for the soaps and lotions.