electric grubby candles

Hi, I am new to candle making. I have made a few scented soy tarts for myself. I wanted to try the electric grubby candles with the silicone light. I really like them. I have read to use a higher mp wax like parraffin. But do they sell molds and where, that you don't have to cut a hole yourself. I wanted the grubby look. And if anyone knows of a web site or book with instructions on making your own that would be great. Thanks :)

There are actually some places that sell them, soapandcandlemolds.com for one (I think that is where I got mine).. They are silicone molds. The ones I have are made to when you unmold the candle, it is ready to go. Some people use a pillar wax with success. I have used 1343 and had luck. I have the molds but haven’t had the time to pursue it as much as I have wanted, been too busy with containers and pillars. I have tried about a 5 watt silicone coated bulb that worked out pretty well. But I am still in the experimenting stages.

Thanks for the info, I will check out those sites. I have only worked with soy so far. And only 2 times. I have a 2 year old going on 3 that is into everything so it's hard to do anything at times. Does the pillar or the 1343 hold a good scent? I want something that really smells good. Do you also know a good place to by good scents. I have some (running low) but don't know where they came from and afraid to buy from just anywhere, I've had some bad smelling watermelon that smelled like flowers.

As far as FO's go - it's very hard to go wrong with Peak's - there are a number of great suppliers out there but even more who aren't so great so it's understandable that you are leery on that point - Here's a link to the Fragrance discussion thread where people comment on suppliers and specific scents - http://www.candletech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Welcome to the boards!

• 4 months later...