What wax do you use for tarts?

I'm just making my first few batches of tarts, and right now I'm using Cargill NatureWax V-1 votive blend. I LOVE that it pops right out of the tart burner when it's cooled, and I like that it's a blend so that I don't have to worry about extra additives. But I thought I'd see what others were using, what kind of throw it has, how well you like it, what additives (if any) you use. Thanks for any thoughts!

I use EZSOY w/ a little coconut oil. Great FO's so far... The wife loves Lavender Basil. I like Creme Brulee.

I also found some molds at Hobby Lobby if you want to get creative with seashells, bears and ducks. Each one only cost me $1.27. They come right out of the molds. I plan to go get more..

The only problem is each of the molds are in the range of .3 to .6 ounces. That just means I have to put more in a bag if and when I plan to sell them. I've read people make them at 1 oz each for a total burn of 8 hrs.

I use the Starburst Pillar Palm wax and it is fantastic!!!! I sold out again at my store this weekend! I may just quit container candles and do mainly tarts and votives!!! LOL I have over 200 molds that I can use! I was thinking something like "The Country Tart Shoppe"? :laugh2: slogan "Don't be a flame, Tarts For ANY occasion!" :yay::laugh2:

We smell Good, You smell good!!!

Where's the best place to get the IGI 4794. I am only looking for a small amount.

Where do you live? The best place to buy it is wherever is closest to you. :grin2: You can buy it in 10 lb slabs for testing.

We use 4794 it and it is the easiest we have found....easy pour, easy release, good scent throw.....

A bit off topic, but if my man EVER... and I do mean EVER... calls me 'the wife' he will be less than 'the man.'

Teresa or Ma'am - I think you might need to quit sniff'n all them FO's. RELAX... OK, I meant to save my Lovely Wife...

I was trying to distinguish what her preference is versus mine.

:laugh2:

Guest Candelishis
At least it's better than being called the old lady or the old bag/hag/nag. LOL :laugh2:

Yeah, I would much rather be "the wife" than "the ball n chain" or "old lady" or "my woman", etc. My hubby refers to me as "wife" all the time...ie: "Hi wife, what's for dinner". "Hey wife, what time is it?". I think it's kind of cute actually.

Wife alone doesn't bother me... it's the 'the.' As in the car, the TV, the dirty socks, the wife. It, obviously, grates on me pretty harshly. I'm not generally a feminist, and I hardly ever cry about being objectified... but the 'the' does it to me.

Anyway, I use ecosoya votive/pillar blend for tarts, to get back on subject.

I use 75% Ok6228 and 25% j50. My tarts pop right out and lasts for for an entire day or sometimes more. Depending on what scent I use. I try to use stronger bolder scents. If i don't get at least 12 hours I do not carry that particular scent on my list.

Stephanie