Think I'm ready.... to have my website.....

maryann

CRITIQUED!! LOL!! I have a good return customer base and have my "stufff" in (someone else's) shop, but to speak of my sales are nil (or are not where I want them to be). My husband and I were talking tonight about the fact that I must be doing something wrong, as to speak of I have no internet sales. I started out w/ it being a resource for existing customers but want more out of it now. I'm not sure if its the theme/graphics (which I hope not as its centimental), the choice of products, price, etc. Please HELP!! but be gentle :D. Really though I appreciate the advice! You can click below for the link. I know there are some grammar mistakes (I tried to fix them tonight before I posted this but I can't access my admin right now for the site.)

From what I've seen so far (I didn't get a chance to "study" it carefully) it looks nice. The only thing I would change would be the name "tarts," simply because of the whole cease and desist thing with Yankee.

Just checked out your site, and its a very well done site. Very easy to navigate, graphics are not overwhelming.... only thing I would change is the falling leaves cause they sorta obscure the main page.... but over all I would say its a very well thought out site... good job :yay:

Maybe you can look at your advertising. Check into getting your site promoted on search engines for starters... from there not too sure cause im still learnin too...lol... GOOD LUCK!!

I think it's fantastic! The graphics are beautiful, the pages are easy to navigate, and it's very welcoming. A very well thought out site. I agree with the other posters. Maybe try advertising a bit, you could buy banner space, or have web rings that link to your site :)

Great job!

D

Maryann,

Everything looks very nice to me, very informative and nicely presented. The market is flooded with so many candle and soap sites these days that it's hard to compete - I am not saying it can't be done but it's hard. Don't be discouraged that your web sales are not what you want them to be but be encouraged from the sales you have. You have such a creative way about you, it is exciting to see what you come up with next.

First off, I really like your site, I think it's well put together and easy to navigate, I am having a problem with the pages taking longer than usual to load, which is wierd as I have DSL and everything's usually fast fast fast for me, but maybe it's a glitch on my side???

I did notice something kind of odd (to ME) this:

#41 Candlious Scents

This word "candlious" can-d-lee-us is that supposed to be "candlicious? like candle-lishous?? Just curious. ;)

I just LOVE all of your products, and think that maybe like everyone else said, it's just not getting noticed b/c there are sooo many other sites, and that you may need to pay a little to get a better spot on the search engines, and get a banner or two on different sites that "buyers" frequent. ;)

I'm totally clueless about this stuff, web sites and marketing and selling Period, so as much as I know as a consumer I think the site rocks, and of course your products definitely rock!! :D