Oatmeal Bath

Shawnee

Well I know during my membership to this board I've seen a recipe, but darned if I can't find it! My son was bitten by some insects this weekend and I used some Aveeno bath for children last night. I used the last of it and forgot to pick up some more this evening. Does anyone know a good oatmeal bath recipe to prevent itching and stinging of the bites?

Well I know during my membership to this board I've seen a recipe, but darned if I can't find it! My son was bitten by some insects this weekend and I used some Aveeno bath for children last night. I used the last of it and forgot to pick up some more this evening. Does anyone know a good oatmeal bath recipe to prevent itching and stinging of the bites?

I used pure oatmeal when kids had chicken pox..... just grind it up fine9or use ready made colliodal if you have it... you can add it straight to bath.. about 2 cups or you can put it in a very fine mesh bag(old clean panty hose,esp knee highs work great)) this will keep you from having to clean all the bits from the tub later..

Lisa_1's recipe from the old board

No fuss - No muss Oatmeal Bath

2 cups regular oatmeal (not the quick cook or instant type)

1/2 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup lavender buds

heat-sealable tea bags or muslin bags with drawstrings

In food processor or blender (I use my coffee bean grinder) grind oatmeal & lavender buds together until they become a fine powder.

Combine all oatmeal, cornstarch & lavender in a bowl & mix well. Spoon mixture into tea bags or muslin bags and seal shut. (I put two heaping tablespoons into each bag).

To use - simply drop one bag in tub as you are filling the tub with water. The bags will release all of the goodies without any of the mess! Discard the bag after use - they're only good for one bath each.

These oatmeal bath bags can also be used as soothing washcloths for someone with irritated skin - simply wet the filled bag and then use as a washcloth.