4761?

Angelam, you are not an idiot and it was not a stupid question. That is what the board is for is to ask questions. Votive and tart wax are generally interchangeable. Pillar wax can be used for tarts also, but some pillar wax cannot hold as much FO as other waxes. So, if you are not getting as much throw as you want in your tarts, that could be it. I use a different wax for my pillars than I do for my votives and tarts, just personal preference.

No you're not an idiot........just still wet behind the ears, but you'll learn in time. If in doubt and you don't get an answer, just go ahead and try it. Some of my best candle work has been through my own experimentation, trial and error. You'll actually learn so much more than if you just ask questions. :cool2:

Angelam - I make tarts out of any of my wax. When I am pouring any wax I have left over I pour for tarts. Then when it is time for repour I just use the tarts for this and bag the rest! The container wax is a little soft and does not come out as easy so if you have trouble getting it out just pop it in the freezer for few minutes or so and then it comes out. hth