Re-melting wax for new wicks

I made a candle and noticed the wicks are too small. I'd like to reuse the wax...how do I go about re-melting and re-wicking? I was thinking I could just put the candle in the oven on warm for a half hour or so but wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not. How do you all do this?

You can do this. Keep an eye on the temperature of the melted wax and wait to wick it until after it has cooled. Because soy is so soft, ya just poke a hole with an ice pick or piece of wire to insert the wick. ;) Many folks do not use a tabbed wick when testing so that if one wick doesn't work out, you can pull it out with pliers and insert another one. ;) HTH

Uh oh. Palm wax isn't as easy to stick a wick in later. You should probably heat the ice pick or wire hanger or set the wick as the wax sets up so that it will support the untabbed wick. Pulling it out will be more difficult but not unachievable. I was not only assuming you were asking about soy, but also a container candle. If these are pillars, use wick pins and then it's easy to change wicks.