Confused about coconut oils....

I want to add coconut oil to my FBB but i'm unsure which one i'm suppose to use. The recipe I came across lists it as the INCI name Cocos Nucifera and when I googled it I got VCO & 76 degree coconut oil and i'm unsure whether i'm suppose to be looking for a totally liquid one or a solid that I melt the oil and incorporate in to my FBB? I know it's not FCO that i'm looking for...

Both 76 and VCO have a melting point around 76 degrees. Which means whether they are solid or liquid will depend on your room temperature!

Use whichever catches your fancy - the VCO is more expensive and has a pretty strong coconutty smell that some people adore. Personally I hate coconut so you couldn't get me within 10 feet of it but that's my hangup. The regular 76 is odorless.

I've used both and prefer the 76 degree because there is little to no coconut smell. One of the local health food store sells the VCO and it was loverly! But, I am not a big fan of the coconut smell and I hate adding extra FO to cover it so I switched. Both have turned liquid when we had a heat wave come through recently but they went back to "solid" when it cooled down (in other words, I cranked up my AC).

So it's the 76 degree coconut oil that i'm looking for then....I just assumed that since it would be solid, it would make my FBB thicker than it already is and figured I must be looking for an oil of some sort. The VCO sounds like it might be nice in something tropical but not for an everyday kinda thing...thanks for the help!

LOL I live in Canada....it's ALWAYS below 76 degrees!! ;)

*Sigh* I remember a time when we had days below 80 . . . Hell, 80 would be a relief, lately. Not mad, but this is the color of my face most days: :mad:

(frying in globally warmed SoCal).

*Sigh* I remember a time when we had days below 80 . . . Hell, 80 would be a relief, lately. Not mad, but this is the color of my face most days: :mad:

:awww: I had the mad idea of sending you one of those little hand-held battery-operated fans.

I hear ya Jeri, I am in So Nevada and 117 for 3 consective weeks has been a bit much for me! I did a indoor craft show Fri, Sat and Today, Got another Mon, Tues and Wed and I am melting unloading and loading!

When does the break come, we usually get some cool days in July, that is our Monsun season but haven't seen any yet.