Ball Jars for Candle Making...

I just returned from my local grocery store and found they are currently having a 50% clearance on some of their jars such as the following:

12 oz. Ball Quilted Crystal Jars (12 of them)

and

8 oz. Widemouth Tapered Jars (12 of them)

They are being sold for $4.49 a case. Would you consider these jars a good deal and acceptable to use in making candles. (Soy wax)

Thanks!

Really good deal! Just the same or about 50 cents higher than what you can find from a wholesale supplier - and no shipping charges! Great for making candles for yourself or as gifts.

I bought a bunch of the 12 oz jelly jars last Jan when a store went out of business. I got a good deal on them, but found later that they didnt sell all that well, even though they look nice and all.

I used a CD 14 in them. Tried larger and smaller, the smaller wicks tunnelled and the larger ones sooted too much. Sometimes I still get soot, though!

The 8 oz jellies sold very well for me last Christmas. They are definitely worth it! I forget what wicks I used, probably the same as above? Ugh. I feel old today.:P