What else is good for really dry hands...

I am making a solid lotion bar for a friend who has excessively dry hands, that are as soft as sand paper at times!

I am thinking of using these butters, Cupuacu butter, because i know lanolin is an excellent moisturizer but can cause problems, and this is supposed to be a good replacment.

Illipe butter, kokum, and pumpkin butters, plus some beeswax.

however i cannot think of which oils to use it with to, i want something very moisturizing, but that absorbs quickly, and i cannot see it happening with the butters i am thinking of.

any ideas?

I have similar problems, and my poor sister even worse.

I'm in love with kukui nut oil, myself, and I also keep coming back to good ol' sweet almond. I've been considering trying a dribble of honey in my bars, but haven't tried it yet - might be just too sticky.

I know this one.

Do a shea butter co-op. Your hands will never feel better. Other than that...Drink enough water each day, wear gloves when using cleaners, use a quality soap and a quality lotion, get enough oils in your diet.

There is no miracle cure for dry hands.

Rice bran oil!

Nothing softens my skin like rbo. It takes a while to sink in, so I blend it with quick-absorbing oils like macadamia. You could try jojoba too.

Otherwise, dry brushing is also good. It stimulates the circulation and gets rid of all them dead cells. My skin used to be pretty rough and scaly. Dry brushing helped a lot, I have less ingrowns and my skin's a lot smoother. Wet loofahs didn't do much for me, so I use dry ones like a body brush.

Jojoba oil sinks in wonderfully. Used with something like shea butter that seals the skin it's wonderful.

I also love my whipped shea + olive oil.

Dry brushing is a wonderful thing too. I use the scrubby gloves and just go ever so gently over my skin.