Dent???

Ok, Explain this one. I have this huge dent on the side of my candle. First thought, my mold is dented, right??? Nope..straight as could be..Even had the DH look at it, maybe thinking i was seeing things. There is a dent on the candle, but no dent on the mold.

It is straight paraffin with tulip (1 oz) F.O. & 6 drops of cinnamon dye. Thats all, but none of that should make this dent right?? Air bubble, but on the side??

I have been working with Palm Wax for about, well for awhile & now trying paraffin again & darn if i cant get a candle to come out. My palms come out great, but my regular paraffins...nope, not a one.

The rustic design came out great...but this dent ruins it!

post-5306-139458430852_thumb.jpg

I've had that happen with my palm's if I didn't poke enough relief holes during the cooling process.

Not sure if that is the problem with yours or not. I just wanted to share my similar experiences. :(

I've never had it happen before..thats why I asked..Hhhmmmm...maybe could be the problem...I didn't poke relief holes cause its just one I'm doing to display on my dinning room table (not burning it).

We have also created dented candles. A couple were created by a leaking candle mold; the others were because we did not make any relief hole and were pouring layers. The next layer is more snug than the first and seals it in, etc. so as the candle cools and contracts, it cannot cave in the mold, so it caves in the wax. There will probably be a good-sized cavern somewhere in there...:rolleyes2