If... and I need some help here please

Grumpy Girl

If you could suggest a soap safe and good strong throwing FO in wax for winter that didn't scream country, grandma's house, food or one horse open sleigh, but instead was a sophisticated , upscale FO that reminded you of a glamorous holiday party what would you choose and from where?

I haven't ran across a thing that grabs me yet, maybe someone can point me to a favorite of theirs to test.

Jbren that one sounds nice. I'll have to give it a shot as I do want to stay away from ordinary. Drinks I'm just not sure about. I've gotten a few that just sucked in soap and morphed something terrible... but I still haven't completely said no way to it yet. I keep forgetting about southern soapers, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, please keep them coming. I'm not against a custom blend either.

The first fragrance that came to mind when I read your post was "Island Christmas" from Nature's Garden. I never used it in CP though....but it was a hit in candles and I see it is MP safe. It must misbehave in CP. :sad2: A shame, really, because it is a unique and wonderful fragrance!

The Scent Works' Full Moon is wonderful for a winter scent. I do a white on white swirl CP soap with ultrafine glitter on top. The scent is very strong, soaps well, and is really good in paraffin candles too (haven't tried soy).

My first pick for an upscale scent for winter would be Cranberry Fig from Brambleberry--don't know how it would be in soap tho....my second pick would be BCN's A Northwoods Christmas, its a wonderful cranberry pine scent. HTH

• 1 month later...