Displays around your candle

Can anyone tell me please if any of you would use wooden roses as a display around your candle. They would maybe sit about half an inch away from the candle, or is this just asking for trouble. The candle that im thinking about doing it with does not drip or burn all the way to the edge, i have tested the candles repeatedly.

Any advice appreciated

Mandy

personally I wouldn't go there. your candle may burn beautifully when you, a candle maker burns it. But you have to account for stupid people who might light the candle and leave it burning for much much longer that you recommend, which could cause a blowout.

more importantly...what if your average stupid person put your candle on an un-even surface which would mean the flame would burn uneven and towards one side causing a blowout or the roses to catch fire.

Never underestimate how silly people can be. 5 people a year die as a direct result of pulling christmas crackers.

thanks ladies. I was very wary of doing this, as you say it is fine for me to do but we cant count on other people being as careful as we would be. O well i guess this is an offer Ill just need to say no to. Aubs i count get anything from you link, i would be interested to see what other options i might have. The roses are beautiful and fab colours, they would look great with my various different coloured pillars if i could come up with some kind of safe display. I just keep thinking 'flame and thin slices of wood, not a good combo.

If anyone has a suggestions please share.

Thanks again Mandy