Measuring Question...

I am using a 4 cup, 32 oz pyrex measuring cup. When I am measuring out 1 lb of soy wax do I use the 16oz measuring point on the cup or do I actually do this with a scale? If I use a scale it comes up to be a little over 4 cups in the measuring cup... Just want to make sure I am doing this correctly..

Thanks,

Bobbie

www.ShoogieDesignz.com

Designer Websites, Boutiques & More for the work at home mom!

I agree, scale is most accurate way. However, I have read that you can use measuring cups, but be sure to be consistent. If you are measuring wax then be sure to measure the fo also, and if you weigh the wax, be sure to weigh the fo.

Dry measure and liquid measure are different. Ratios expressed in candlemaking generally are based upon percentages and dry weight. People approximate using a combination of liquid and dry measure but this is not accurate. When someone says they add a Tablespoonful per pound of beeswax, how much does that tablespoonful weigh? Before you can know what percentage of the whole you are measuring, things have to be converted to one standard. A cup of flour that I measure may weigh more or less than a cup of flour that you measure, but 16 ounces is always a pound. Think about it... is a pound of feathers lighter than a pound of lead? ;) A cup of feathers IS lighter than a cup of lead... volume vs weight. Use the scale. :)