Single wicked palm wax

These are pictures of CS's frosted palm container wax in a 16oz. apothecary jar using six drops of burgundy concentrated liquid candle dye from CS and their CSN 16 wick which was designed specifically for palm wax. It just isn't working well as you will be able to see. I need the magic wick so I can single wick my apothecary jars and get the melt pool I would like etc. These pictures are reflecting about 35 hours or so of burn time.

Mike

post-1487-13945843027_thumb.jpg

post-1487-139458430273_thumb.jpg

post-1487-139458430275_thumb.jpg

Upon closer examination, it looks like the hangup may be due to the wick not being quite centered. You can push the base of the wick after it's lit to help keep the flame centered. You got a nice clean burn on the "hot" side, so you may not need to wick up much if at all.

I noticed the "centering" also Stella so I may use the same wick again and try to keep the wick centered and to keep it from floating on me....it was centered when I started actually and now has moved off to one side. I have noticed this also when I double wick. So,for some reason they tend to float away from center and I don't know why it does that??

Also for jakalex....I have double wicked with the CSN 9's and get a very good clean burn but the jar gets really hot doing that and if I can single wick these I would rather do that. I have thought about using the CSN 11's and double wicking with those but the 9's seem to do a very good job so far and if the 9's get really hot I am thinking that the 11's would be hotter since it is a little bit bigger wick. Just how hot do your jars get jakalex when they are burning? How long does it take to get a full melt pool? I personally am very nervous double wicking becasue the jars get so hot but will do so if it is the only solution I can adequately find.

Mike

Mike , I have same problems with a 12 oz metro i wicked up and it smoked awful with csn so i know how ya feel i hate to double wick jars which i was using the glass glow wax in a 12 oz metro so far only solution i found was to double wick it.

hope you good luck.

That's exactly what happened to me too when I tried to single wick. Stinks, because you can't wick up since that's the biggest CSN they make. I decided to try and double wick with two CSN 9's and it works perfectly! My jar doesn't get that hot though, like yours does (I use a different jar than you do). If only CS would do their CSN 7's in 6 inch length! Maybe we should request that, I bet that would solve your hot jar problem:2cents: .

I double wick these with 2 CSN 11's or 12's depending on FO and they burn beautifully! These jars are diffucult to single wick with palm or soy. JMO

I double wick my 14 oz. and 10 oz. keepsake jars cause single wicking doesn't get it! I also use CSN 11's There is a little bit of hang up on first burn but after the 2nd burn, 3rd burn it goes away!

Heat builds up as the candle burns down into the jar. I'd bet that the sides pretty much catch up by the end of the candle. I wick my jars that way because the are wider at the top than at the bottom. Keeps the mp from getting too deep and it also lengthens the burn. Also not an inferno at the bottom.