opinion on jar candle hang tags!

suzanneg

Hi guys!!!!!!!!

here are 2 pics of my labeling! I didn't want to put on those sticky labels so I made hang tags! Well I tried! :P I have the back of the tags printed with the caution information and my info as well

keepsakes2.jpg

This is my "Cow Pattie" Signature candle! I made this fragrance up after I made a batch of "Cow Pattie" cookies for my best friend Lyla! I figured Cows are kinda country style and used the jute string! They look better in person!

cowpattiejar2.jpg

Your candles look nice and I like what I can see of the hangtags. One piece of advice if you don't mind. You must put a sticky caution label on the bottom of the jar to protect yourself. People will remove your hangtag before burning and your required cautions will disappear with the tag. I think you'll also want your contact info to remain on the jar so people can find you again if they want to buy another, so you might want to add that on the sticky caution label. Take a look at Peaks semi-custom labels to give you some ideas.

Thanks everyone! I am not new to candle making!!!!! :grin2: 6+ years and counting! I got the caution label on the bottom as well and my biz info is on there as well! I just hate to put sticky labels on my jars! No matter how beautiful some labels are! It kills me to add them to my 1/2 oz. fragrance oils.

but that size you can't help it!:laugh2: I am just surprised I made those tags come out like they did! Avery has a label CD program and it is much easier than using the Micorsoft word or other programs! There are a lot more features you have with the Avery! I got mine free with a pack of labels! LOL I suck at printing labels or secretary stuff.

your website that is in your siggy ? when you click on candles why does mia bella candles come up ?

and then you have whats new here and it says a new candle line .sorry not trying to be a butt ,but I'm confused ? if you have been making candles for 6 plus years why are you selling mia bella candles?

http://www.suzannesgourmet.com/gazette.html

your website that is in your siggy ? when you click on candles why does mia bella candles come up ?

and then you have whats new here and it says a new candle line .sorry not trying to be a butt ,but I'm confused ? if you have been making candles for 6 plus years why are you selling mia bella candles?

Yeah, I did the same and wondered the same.

I had to stop making candles due to the fact that soy and parrafin was giving me migraines! I couldn't take it anymore so I had to quit! when I did stop I joined Mia Bella cause I wanted candles in my shoppe!

then 2 months ago I found the palm wax and since Mia bella uses palm wax in thier candles, I knew this wax wouldn't give me migraines!

So I bought the palm wax and for 2 months I played with it! well the last 2 weekends I sold out of the candles I put in my shoppe! lol That was kinda like a testing period! So when I get enough of my candles made and put in my store I will quit Mia Bella! They nickle and dime ya to death with all of these fees and I know they have a much bigger overhead than I do, but I still like to make my own candles plus more profit in my pocket.

Oh and I am working on my candle pages for my website, I have been working on my work shoppe downstairs to accommate my candle making equipment (I had it packed up) and haven't had a chance to take pics yet. LOL but I am getting there! Just keep checking back! and yes I need to update! Candle making is so addictive that I forget everyhting else! I am like in another world and nothing else matters or exists! I need a toilet, tv and bed downstairs :laugh2:

Hope this answers any more questions!

PS I make my bath and body and incense and fragrance oils too! So I keep pretty busy!