laser label questions

Luci

I bought a color laser printer (HP 2400n). I was under the impression that the clear laser labels were all waterproof. Is this correct?

None of the office supply places around here carry the full sheet clear laser labels that I need asap. Before I order a box of labels that turn out to be something I don't want or need, I would like some advice before ordering.

I'm leaning towards a box of 100 at onlinelabels in the clear glossy for lasers. Would anyone please share their experience/recommendations so that I can get an order placed? I would like the labels to be waterproof and don't care for the krylon spray. :confused:

I used to use the crystal clear labels from Online labels and loved the way they came out on my laser printer. They were waterproof and the color was great. and didn't smear at all. The only thing that I hated was that they frequently jammed up in the printer and was a pain in the a$$ to get them out. I bought another printer thinking it was just the printer that was the problem, but my new printer chewed up the labels even worse than the first one did. I talked with the tech at the printer place, ( I have an Oki c5500) and he told me my printer was not compatable with clear labels. The diffuser gets way too hot, and melts the labels onto it, sticking and jamming the lables up in the printer. So I said the heck with it, and changed my labels to the regular white glossy and these are working good for me. I know some people are able to use the clear glossy with their laser printers without any problems, but for me, it was a no go.

I had 10 full sheet clear laser labels that I got in the last label co-op in anticipation of a laser purchase. I can't remember which company they came from. I printed labels on the laser with them using the transparency setting. They seem to have come out pretty good, but now I'm wondering if they will yellow, etc.