Some other Fundraiser questions

mindy5140

How do you package your candles to take to your fundraiser? Do you buy individual boxes for each candle or just pack the jars in the box they originally were in.

Do you add bags in with your fundraiser??

And since the fundraiser I'm going to do for the Majorettes and Silks isn't till September. They want Fall scents. Does my list of Scents look ok or do I have to many Bakery Scents.

1) Pumpkin Pie

2) Cinnamon Bun

3) Apple Crisp

4) Banana Nut Bread

5) Vanilla

6) Cotton Balls & Blossom

Should I add a Blueberry, or Sugar Cookie instead of Vanilla, or add some kind of floral in there.

I know how much my containers cost me to make, and wholesale but I usually charge $6 retail for my 8oz. Sq. Mason jars. But that doesn't leave them much profit. Say if you were buying a candle from a fundraiser would you buy an 8oz. Square Mason jar for $7.50??

TIA,

Mindy :)

I will try and find some that might be good but do find 1 or 2 non bakery. I do have a Coffee scent I love. It is awesome. Go for a nice coffee scent or Hot Chocolate.It does seem all the good fall scents are food/bakery. Seems all I want to get. This year did though I did summer shows and I was amazed at the florals and lavender that sold. Never did realize that till I got into summer scents. Of course Lavender could be good for all year.

I do go up on Fundraisers on what I can only sell for retail. It is cheaper than the $6.00 because candles in this area go for that. Honestly!!! A bigger town with money they will go for $8.00 I am told. You have to make a profit but if you want them to make a bigger profit you might have to take a little below for your cost at Retail. If you would like for them to make $2.00 then you will make $5.50.

See what they feel about what they would like to make.

You mention packing and all. You must be doing the show for them to make a profit. It is not them taking orders. I guess that way it could be less of a profit like you mentioned. BUT most of the time when students etc go out get orders, collect payment and keep track of the order form they prefer almost 1/2 of what the candle sells for. Not always. Most of the time it is a school fundraiser but this sounds like a smaller group.

LynnS

I always just box up my fundraiser orders in the boxes the jars came in, by scent. I usually throw in a few extra empty boxes so the person who organized the fundraiser will have plenty of boxes to pack up each individual seller's order in.

And as for price, I give fundraisers my wholesale price, not retail. I figure that since they're doing the selling for me, it's worth giving them a wholesale price (can you tell I don't like selling??).

HTH,

Jane

I retail my 8oz candles for $8.50 each, 2 for $16.00 or 3 for $22.00. On my wholesale brochures my candles sell for $8.99 each. Each jar is wrapped with cute little tissue paper/holiday and individually boxed. We offer a variety of product, from incense, to aroma beads sachets, to candles and gourmet foods. We also sort all orders, by seller and by client and we bag them. When the orders arrive at the school, everything is ready to go for delivery, no hassles with finding bags for students to deliver, no more headaches for parents to sort through things.

We;'ve found our fundraisers to do very well in our small town(1200),, and the surrounding communities. We have now branched out to a 100 mile radius and have been sought out by some schools past that point that we are considering , to to their larger sizes.