Hobbycraft UK - How Much??????

OK I always knew that Hobbycraft was a bit overpriced. Well, today I was in my local town centre and I had a bit of time to spare so I thought I'd pop into the store. They've just introduced a small (very, very small) section on candlemaking supplies. It's all imported stuff made by Yaley. OMG. £4.99 for 1oz of FO that's $10.00 to you US peeps.

Daylight robbery or what!!! I was gobsmacked. Where do they get off charging so much??!! I walked out in disgust I didn't even bother to check out the metal molds they had there. I can't see them selling much of that at those prices. It wouldn't surprise me if they ditched it in the New Year.

OK guys - vent over now.

Ruby

Hobbycraft are mega-expensive. FO isn't even all that nice!

but' date=' did you say metal moulds ;) mine hasn't got those[/quote']

They had a few, not many, they had one for doing hurricanes (I think). I didn't get the price though. If you're interested I can have a look for you and let you know the prices. I'll be in town again later on in the week so I'll check. Don't think they're going to be cheap though.

Our one has only just gotten candlemaking supplies in and they're all made by Yaley. I don't know how well they rate amongst other US suppliers.

Ruby

Our one has only just gotten candlemaking supplies in and they're all made by Yaley. I don't know how well they rate amongst other US suppliers.

I bought a yayley mold last time i went to the US from a craftstore and it leaked, so it was a waste of money as obviously couldnt take it back. Dont know whether this is a norm for these molds or not?

Yeah they are sooo expensive when i first started i went in out of curiosity and apart from one poly mould that i came out with because i was desperate i have never brought since!! Might have to go and check again to see if they have expanded the range down here!! I cant understand how people can afford to buy the wax it was about three times the amount i was buying mine for!!:mad:

My friend makes jewllery and she goes for ideas but never buys from them sees what she likes and looks around else where............

That's what my MIL does. She's 74 and she makes handmade cards to help stave off her arthritis (bless her). She goes in there for ideas but she'll only buy if they're having a sale. She gets her stuff from a local craft shop much cheaper and every once in a while I take her to The Range.

Ruby