Creating your own brochures and flyers...

Hi,

my website is on hold at the moment, (chap helping me has gone on hols for 2 weeks), so decided to try and create some flyers and brochures.

I have microsoft office, with publisher etc but alas I'm a dumbo when it comes to these things. I want to create either a bi-fold or tri-fold brochure where I can do it like a newletters, with pictures and text.... and the ability to put my own logo in.

Anyone know if there is such a thing? and where I start.

Fancy a little play on the pc and leaving the wax alone today, well apart from a few ice cupcake candles I have on the go, can't leave it alone completely ;)

I do a tri-fold brochure w/ my soho value pack from Best Buy. Here's the link....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5876313&st=soho&type=product&id=1060002783173

Microsoft Word has a template for brochures. that'll make it easy. But you can also make tables or enter tex boxes and add info in them. (I think that's a little more complicated...)

Hiya wick'n'wax. I use Publisher to produce leaflets, flyers and tri fold booklet things for my hubby's business. It really is quite simple to do.

What version of Publisher are you running?

If you need any tips PM me and I'll go over them in greater detail.

Ruby

I have Publisher but I prefer Print Shop Pro Publisher, for me it is much easier to use. I think Print shop is more user friendly if your not good with computers. Print Shop has 22,000 pre-made templates/layouts that you can use instead of trying to make your own. I think it's $100 got mine at compusa on super clearance when they closed all their stores. You can make brochures, booklets/catalogs, labels, logos, business cards etc. Here is a link for more info on this program:

http://www.broderbund.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=pro+publisher

I use Publisher also, have done all of my catalogs (printing can be confusing), business cards, fliers, candle cards, hang tags for ornies, etc. with it. For the Catalog, open a new publication, go down to catalogs, click on an example of a style you like. Use that as a guide to get you started. Once you start, you'll make changes as you go to personalize it, but it's how I got started with it. PM me if you need a little more help. I am by no means an expert on it, but have used it for alot of my packaging and such. It's a great program

Oh, and just a word of advice. Get a copy editor to look it over. I can put you in touch with her if you'd like, she freelances. Shes a friend of mine so I can bribe her with Canadian chocolate. I'm not sure what her rates are but I was extremely happy with the work she did. She really added some umph to my brochures. My grammar isn't the best, so she tweaked that as well.