Kitchen Aide ??

DeJae

Mine gets used more for product than for food.

Originally I bought it so I could use the sunbeam mixmaster for product, but found that the kitchen aid rocked the house down. The difference between product made in one vs the other was like night and day.

And yep, too expensive to dedicate it souly to product. Now, when I become a famous B&B maker, then I'll buy another one. :P

I also have a Oster that I have had for years but use very little.

Don't know if you all remember them....some of you may be to young.

But they were the in thing, they are a mixer, juicer, blender and food processor all in one....with all these attachments.

I was thinking of using it but it doesn't have the wisk attachment just beaters, I guess I could use those.

I use my Kitchen Aide for cooking and lotion making. There isn't anything in my lotion that would be harmful. Plus, when I wash it I put a splash of clorox in the soapy dish water. This helps cut the oil better and cleans up much easier. The bowl and wisk are stainless steel and they clean up perfectly.

If you go to Kitchenaide.com you can order a spare mixing bowl and another whip attachment. I have a spare set that I use for my B&B and then a set for food. That way you do not need two kitchenaides.

ilona

I'd be more concerned about contamination going the other way - from food into lotion LOL.

I don't believe a different bowl is necessary; it's fairly easy to clean a bowl with the smooth surfaces and all, but a separate whip attachment would be helpful. You might also wrap a bit of saran around the body of the mixer to keep any bits from the underside from falling into your product (be it food or lotion).

I'd be more concerned about contamination going the other way - from food into lotion LOL.

I don't believe a different bowl is necessary; it's fairly easy to clean a bowl with the smooth surfaces and all, but a separate whip attachment would be helpful. You might also wrap a bit of saran around the body of the mixer to keep any bits from the underside from falling into your product (be it food or lotion).

This has always been my concern. I do use my KA for both, but I sanitize the bowl and boil the whisk attachment.

Bethany