where to buy container.

thanks alot for the help. I need to read up on how to use this board. Sorry if I wasted your time.

When I 1st started I was overwelmed by how huge this board really is. I took a lot of time and just read through alot of stuff. The search key on top is very useful (for me anyways).

There is so much to read and learn and I found that when yo ask a question you need to add lots of details so everyone can get a glance at what you need and what you use ect...and sometimes we really don't have all the answers so if you dont get an answer dont get offend. I myself would rather have NO answer then a bad answer

container answer now lol you can check out genwax.com and the jarstore.com shipping is not cheap unless you live close which I don't so I first bought from like thirft shops to make sure this is something I wanted to invest in.

Nice to see another Tennessean on board!!

Not sure what you are looking for but we do have a few places that shipping isn't too bad.

I practiced with the jelly jars from walmart. They were great to practice with but I want a different look so I am starting my testing all over with new jars.

www.soycandle.com is in Louisville and has 10 oz candelina jars that hold 8.5 - 9 oz of wax.

Alabaster is also in Louisville and has a selection of 8 oz jars.

http://www.alabastercandlesupply.com/products.php?cat=8

Candle Science has good prices with great shipping rates:

www.candlescience.com

TN Candle Supplies is located in East Tennessee and has a variety of jars

http://www.tncandlesupplies.com/

Not sure if you are aware of it or not but Craft Lobby is in Memphis. I don't see jars on the website but they have alot of other supplies that might help you save on shipping.

http://www.craftlobby.com/

Hope this helps a little!

turtlepower, be sure that any containers you find at a thrift store (or anywhere else where they are not brand new) are suitable for candles - not all containers are created alike! For testing, I reuse my jars over and over again, but for selling, gifting, etc., I use new containers. One doesn't know the life history of a container when it's used. It may have been subjected to temperature stresses that are not visible to the eye, but will cause the container to crack or shatter when it becomes hot.

I use canning jars I buy from grocery stores mainly. I have some other, more "upscale" glass containers, but our biggest sellers are the canning jars. The "country" look still rules supreme here in the country!:grin2:

Good luck & have fun!:grin2:

Turtle, are those 8 oz tumblers manufactured for candle use? There is a written set of specifications for glass containers manufactured for candle use - the ASTM standard. Any supplier should be able to tell you if their glassware is rated for candle use by the ASTM standard. This is a problem with many imported candles - their glassware is NOT manufactured to those specifications and the results can be disastrous. ;) Inexpensive restaurant glassware may not only cost less, it may be cheap stuff that is not even worth the small amount of money you pay for it.

With the recent discovery of how poorly imported stuff from China is made (1 out of 5 products are defective), ALL of us shopping EVERYWHERE (especially WalMart) should be very mindful of whether the products we buy really do "measure up" or whether they just superficially look nice but are inferior, poorly made crap.

Because I do not know how to easily tell if glassware is made well, I try to stick to US manufacturers such as Libby, Corning, etc. BUT simply because the label says it's from Libby, etc., make SURE it is not simply DISTRIBUTED by them but made in Mexico or China... HTH :)