Candle Paint

Today I did some testing & played around w/ Donita's theories about making an imprint. Since I work w/ soy & don't do pillars, I tried a small rubber stamp in a votive & it came out really nice. My company logo is a copy of my dogs pawprint, so I made a paw imprint in a white votive & it looks great. My husband marveled at it like a work of art! Anyway, the imprint is hard to identify, so I thought about filling it in w/ candle paint. Where can I get some? I tried searching & came up empty.

Susan.

I like to use this stuff if it going to be on a candle that burns

https://www.uchida.com/eUchida/so/so_prod/so_prod_list.aspx?Cat1id=10010

It is actually liquid wax and will not leave anything be hind in your melt pool.

You can also use this kind of paint

http://www.yaley.com/candles/candle_paint.html

Delta also has a medium that you can add to acrylic paint to make it usable for candles all this link is for is to show it to you. I have always bought it at my local craft store.

http://www.walltowallstencils.com/paints/candle.php

Thanks Vicky for the link on the liquid wax paint. I have been wanting to experiment with that. It would be great for a raised surface design. I will order some and play around. As far as the other kinds of paints I haven't had great luck with them. Maybe others have. The best thing that has worked for me it to cover the area that is to be painted with matte varnish and then use acrylic paints. I got much better adhesion that way but I am sure that others have figured out how to use their favorite products. Donita

Today I did some testing & played around w/ Donita's theories about making an imprint. Since I work w/ soy & don't do pillars, I tried a small rubber stamp in a votive & it came out really nice. My company logo is a copy of my dogs pawprint, so I made a paw imprint in a white votive & it looks great. My husband marveled at it like a work of art! Anyway, the imprint is hard to identify, so I thought about filling it in w/ candle paint. Where can I get some? I tried searching & came up empty.

Susan.

Try Laxtex it works great:highfive:

Do you mean latex to paint the pawprint? I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm asking for ... but you did make me think of a great idea. Instead of buying more rubber stamps, I could make more stamps w/ some latex. That happens to be one of those bizarre items I have on hand!!

Susan.

Do you mean latex to paint the pawprint? I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm asking for ... but you did make me think of a great idea. Instead of buying more rubber stamps, I could make more stamps w/ some latex. That happens to be one of those bizarre items I have on hand!!

Susan.

We have been painting candles for years with just plain old latex house paint:yay:

ROFL -- wow, we went running in totally different directions w/ that. I was thinking latex rubber, but I do appreciate the idea you gave me. I don't plan on using a thick amount of paint, just enough to fill in the pawprint & give it definition -- what will happen to regular old paint when it hits the melt pool, since this a votive & will completely melt? Do you have a pic of something you've painted?

Susan.