Anyone familiar with BeautyControl?

erinmfritz

I tried the "Herbal Serenity show of hands instant manicure" last weekend. WOW, it is great, kinda like an oily scrub. Just wondering if I could make something similar for my own use.

The description is: "...Exfoliate dead skin cells with dead sea salts, and condition and moisturize hands and cuticles with natural oils such as macadamia, avacado, safflower, orange and tea tree."

I don't care for the smell, but it felt great! Any suggestions on a recipe to try?

I have just began making scrubs and really any of them are great. I just made a scrub from a recipe off of the dish called "Bohunks scrub, and it just rocks. Look through some of the recipes here or on some suppliers sites and I am sure you'll find a great scrub comparible or even better. I always laugh at my Mary Kay and Arbonne clientele when they tell me "you have to try this scrub" and then my reply is ok, but then "you have to try mine, its better":wink2:

Heres a couple sites for recipes.

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_scrubs.html

http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recipes.php3?.State=ListRecipes&cat=Misc

I have heard of BeautyControl and have a church member who will me a Sales Rep for them soon (or something like that). She swears by their manicure scrub. I have heard rave reviews about it. I have never tried, but I am like elitneadesign, any scrub will work. it is all in the way your market it and what you put in it.

i know many people use the same base recipe and change the exfoliants to suit thier needs, i.e pumice for foot scrub, sugar/salt for body scrub, etc, HTH

I actually was just at a spa party for Beauty Control last week. We did a "honey" show of hands, and to me it was just like something I got in a spring swap I did. We also did a facial, and foot scrub, and foot lotion. I have gotten way nicer stuff in my swaps than anything I tried at that spa party. I couldn't beleive the prices and what they were charging for their lip balm, it was like $18!

• 4 months later...

Here's a nice recipe:

25% Butter(s) of your choice

10% Stearic Acid

8% Cetyl Alcohol

51% Oil(s) of your choice

3.5% Polysorbate 20

1.5% Fragrance

1% appropriate preservative

Add same weight sugar as the weight of the butters/oils and other ingredients (not including preservative).

Makes a fantastic scrub. ENJOY :yay: