Sugarbee - face and body wash

katshe

I'd like to share a recipe with you all

I have been working on a sugar scrub for weeks trying to make it non oily and creamy- with a spreadable consistancy.

This is what I have come up with for now

Sugarbee......

Makes 8oz

Phase I

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoobs glycerin

1 tb honey

1 tb shower gel ( can be all natrual or liquid soap)

Phase II

1 tb jojoba oil

1/2 tb stearic

1/2 full tb ewax or .15 oz

Phase III

.05% germabenII

fo about 1/8 tsp., your choice I added teatree for my oily skin

Mix: sugars, glycerine, honey & shower gel

Heat: jojoba oil, stearic, ewax

Mix warm oil with sugar mixture and whip with wisk to blend

Add: germabenII and fo blend well

Should be able to pour into a squeezable bottle

I just made this today and used it...no oily feel after rinsing and skin feels so soft

Note; Can use just brown sugar for less exfoilation

Shower gels can have different consistancies...mine is thick- but all natrual may be thinner so you may need to adjust.

Try this and let me know what you think :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hi Katshe! This looks very nice. I have never made anything with a preservative, except for grapefruit seed extract in my soap. You have .05% germabenII listed in your ingredients. How would I calculate .05% to know how much germabenII to put in? Do you use some type of calculator program?

I am a mathmatical dummy so extra help on this would be great but I think......

Figure up all of the amounts in ounces, then figure it to ml's then multiply it to get 1% and divide by 2.

Is this right? Please don't make me call the MIL, LOL.

total batch size x .05

8 oz x.05 =.4oz

The reason I put preservative in this is it will be in contact with water.

I have also posted another scrub recipe that is soo nice and

I am currently using Sugarbee...as face wash ( because of less oily)

and Sugar Bubble as body wash- is a bit more spreadable and creamy and it bubbles cause of the addition of hp soap.

Truely I would like to hear feed back if anyone tries these recipes.

Such a newbie here

Smile ;)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to let ya know I made this up today. I didn't use as much preservative as you did. I used 1/8 tsp for 8 oz. It was a little confusing with your calculations. .05 = 5%. One post you referred to .4 oz of preservative and another you referred to .04 oz. I just used 1/8 tsp since I am going to be using this myself.

Other than that, I made it as is. I will probably test other oils too. I did like how easy it was to make and the texture of it.

I just hope there is some lather using the shower gel. I would love to figure out a foaming sugar scrub without using the foaming bath butter. The FBB dries my skin out too much after a few days and I can't seem to get past the "soap" scent lol I have been playing around with a few recipes of my own.

I will keep ya posted tomorrow when I use it how I like it.

I used my scrub this morning. It soaped up great. I was pleased with the lather not like straight shower gel but really nice for a scrub. It has just enough sugar to keep from feeling scratchy. I am going to try upping the oil just a tad or even trying RBO instead of jojoba. I want it to be just a little more moisturizing.

Great recipe and thanks for sharing!!! I WILL be using this one :yay:

percent means "divide by 100" in a way - so:

8oz X 0.05% = 8oz X 0.0005 = .004oz = 0.11 grams

did you really mean 0.05%? that seems low.

I was a little confused by that too. I wasn't sure if she was referring to 1/2% or 5%. I think it was supposed to be the 1/2%. The emulsified body butter recipe calls for 1% and that recipe is 52% water so the 1/2% makes sense.

If I can figure out how to combine the lather of this one and the moisturizer aspect of the bohunk #14 recipe, I will be very happy. I might just make both batches and combine the two to find out what happens lol

Glad scrub is working for you

Sorry 'bout the confusion with the percentages, I was havin a bad math day

You can use any oil that suits you skin. More moisturizing , you could use olive, I personally love my jojoba.

Have fun

I've actually already been using a much simpler variation of this...

1 part honey

1 part glycerin

1 part agave nectar

a smidge of liquid castile soap for cleansing power

I had a really congested face, clogged pores everywhere (evil dairy), this in conjunction with a gel serum thingy (that I'm looking to replace because it's 118 ringgit or 34 USD for about 10 ml! I bought it some time ago and thought what the heck, might as well use it up) has almost completely cleared up my face.

The wash leaves my face SO soft. I just rub about 1/4-1/2 tsp on my face then rinse clean and pat dry.

Occasionally I crush 2-3 aspirin and add it to my wash with some clay, then leave on for about 20 minutes before rinsing :D

I just may try yours though, Katshe!

• 2 weeks later...

Update on sugarbee scrub...I have recently been using this scrub without any eo's and my face is still not having issues with breakouts...Thought I'd share my experimenting

I did stop using this wash when I was out of town for about a week and i had three cystic zits erupt on my chin...freaked...I couldn't wait to get home and use my face wash

two days later my face was gettin happy again

I hope you all are having good results too!