Heart Chunk Candle With Base

I made this with Strawberries & Cream from Peak. I made the base with a silicone candle/craft mold from Michaels. I used a heat gun to bond the base to the candle. Burn pics coming in an hour or so :-)

btw, sorry for the large pics. No time to crop.

Base:

Picture315.jpg

Front:

Picture323.jpg

Side:

Picture327.jpg

I like it but I think you might have used the bottom of your heat candle as the top. It is to do when you are first starting out but when the candle is in the mold the bottom of the mold is actually the top of the candle. I could be wrong but that is the way that it looks to me.

I like it but I think you might have used the bottom of your heat candle as the top. It is to do when you are first starting out but when the candle is in the mold the bottom of the mold is actually the top of the candle. I could be wrong but that is the way that it looks to me.

Yes, you are right. I thought about that before, but was unsure. Thanks :-)

I think that rough finish on your candle is from the bottom. What did the top (other side) look like?

How long of a burn on this, because it appears to have cratered without leaving much of a burn pool, which makes me think your wick is too big.

I think that rough finish on your candle is from the bottom. What did the top (other side) look like?

How long of a burn on this, because it appears to have cratered without leaving much of a burn pool, which makes me think your wick is too big.

It was burning for about an hour. The side that was on the bottom of the mold was very smooth. I'll make another tonight :-)