Something I Found Interesting!

I bought a lotion that was on sale the other night from Victoria Secret (since my body is not right for their underwear :laugh2: ). Anyways, I like this lotion and was looking for the ingredients earlier to see what was in it. Guess what I found??

Absolutely no ingredient list on this bottle anywhere! The bottle does not come in a box so there is no box to look for ingredients. All that is on the labeling is the name of the lotion, the scents it contains and the city, state and zip of where it is manufactured.

Now, how does a HUGE company like Victoria Secret get away with not having to label all their ingredients on their lotions like this?

Angi

Could it be hiding under another label? Sometimes places do that put a little folded piece of paper under the label at the bottom or on the back of the main label... although usually when they do it that way it says something like "peel here for ingredients".

Room and Linen spray doesn't need to have it's ingredients listed.

Angi - That's just wrong! I don't have a clue how they can get away with it. I've seen crafters get away with it, because I'm sure there are a lot of people out there making B&B and just not aware of the FDA regulations... but I'm sure VS is aware!

It's been a long time since I went to VS (I no longer live in an area where the store is available to me) so maybe they have changed their label? The last time I bought their lotion (or at least looked at it in a store), their ingredient list started out like this: water, mineral oil,... (can't remember the rest).

I just checked their website but didn't see an ingredient listing for their lotion. I wonder if it is being discontinued. It says the 8 oz lotion was originally $9 but it's now on clearance for $4.99 each or 5 for $19.99 or 10 for $29.99. That's quite cheap!

I just checked their website but didn't see an ingredient listing for their lotion. I wonder if it is being discontinued. It says the 8 oz lotion was originally $9 but it's now on clearance for $4.99 each or 5 for $19.99 or 10 for $29.99. That's quite cheap!

they are having their semi annual sale right now...I dont know anything about why you didn't find the list but thats why its so cheap. I have their lotion & I have a list of ingredients on it.:confused:

That's rather odd. Since they're having their semi-annual maybe that's when they sell off their "seconds" - like products with mis-printed labels etc? I say you draw some bright red pimples on your face, take a picture and send it off to their HQ with a threatening letter about being allergic to water or something stupid like that :grin2:

That should teach them.

they are having their semi annual sale right now...I dont know anything about why you didn't find the list but thats why its so cheap. I have their lotion & I have a list of ingredients on it.:confused:

Oh yes, their semi annual clearance sale. I remember now, how I used to go and paw through their boxes of underwear, LOL. That means they could be making way for new flavors. It's still odd though, that the ingredient list isn't on the label.

It's a huge sale. This bottle of lotion normally goes for $18 and I got it for $4.50 so not bad at all and I do love the scent. Still looking for the ingredients. I have seen the ones that are on the sticky side of the label so maybe it's there!

Angi

I bought a lotion that was on sale the other night from Victoria Secret (since my body is not right for their underwear :laugh2: ). Anyways, I like this lotion and was looking for the ingredients earlier to see what was in it. Guess what I found??

Absolutely no ingredient list on this bottle anywhere! The bottle does not come in a box so there is no box to look for ingredients. All that is on the labeling is the name of the lotion, the scents it contains and the city, state and zip of where it is manufactured.

Now, how does a HUGE company like Victoria Secret get away with not having to label all their ingredients on their lotions like this?

Angi

I have noticed several things from Avon as well that doesn't have ingredients listed.

I am amazed they don't do it but really not surprised. If we do it we get fined or someone sends a letter. FDA on our case. If they do/don't it "overlooked".I was asked once at a show why my ingredients weren't listed and how is anyone to know what is in your lotion. I said it is a base and turn it around and all ingredient info is on the back. WOW did she try to get out of it. Said OH I might be back and get some later. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think there are plants(I mean others who send these people around) to check you out. Try to catch you doing something wrong so they can report you. LynnS

I found it!:yay: It is on the small square label on the bottom of the bottle. This bottle has a huge black label with tons of room on it. When I read the bottom I didn't notice the tiny arrow. And when I tried peeling before I saw the arrow I was peeling the wrong side of the label. It lifts from the bottom and not the top where I was trying to peel!

So, it is there but it is best not to look all over a black label while you are not in good light rofl!

Angi