spools of wicks

I think I made a mistake. I am wondering if the spools of wicks from Lonestar are already waxed (primed) I don't thing they are and without thinking placed the order. I did email them to have them answer my question and to see if I can take those off my order but havent heard back yet.

Gosh I don't want to prime the wicks and to be honest I wouldn't know how...is it hard? what do you prime it with? It would be for pillars with the ecosoya PB

To be real honest, I buy spools of cotton wicking, and I don't prime them. I've seen people do it, and I know how to do it, but hopefully someone can explain the necessity of it. (I get the idea of priming the wick) but it hasn't seemed to affect my candle burns.

I figure once my wick is tied into place, and I've poured my wax, it basically primes the wick right there, except for the short part that you burn. And that is pretty much primed anyway from the bit of wax that seeps out of the wick hole.

I bought spools and primed them - just cut a length, dunk it in the pot, and run it through a paper towel in my hand to get the excess off. I primed them so they were easier to use with wick pins. I don't prime wicks where I've placed them before the pour.

I prime and I prime in beeswax. I don't like to not prime. I find that when I don't, wax used to leak forever till I could get it cooled down enough to stop.

I don't thread my wicks any more. I use wick pins. It's far easier to get the wicking through primed than not and not have to worrk about the wick producing air bubbles in the wax as the wax seeps in. At any rate, I find a primed wick burns better and that wick pins help me keep the wick centered.

It's a preference thing. This is just what I do.

Scented, is that just for votives or also for pillars?

Today I just got my gazillion wick pins, so this will be my first use of them. Also my LX-12 pre-tabbed wicks for soy votives, so I gotta lot of new things happening this weekend.

Kelly

Scented, is that just for votives or also for pillars?

Today I just got my gazillion wick pins, so this will be my first use of them. Also my LX-12 pre-tabbed wicks for soy votives, so I gotta lot of new things happening this weekend.

Kelly

Wick pins for everything if I can help it. My votive wicks are already primed and most of the time my pillar wicks are too, but sometimes I opt to use some wick I have in spools.

I prime and I prime in beeswax. I don't like to not prime. I find that when I don't, wax used to leak forever till I could get it cooled down enough to stop.

I don't thread my wicks any more. I use wick pins. It's far easier to get the wicking through primed than not and not have to worrk about the wick producing air bubbles in the wax as the wax seeps in. At any rate, I find a primed wick burns better and that wick pins help me keep the wick centered.

It's a preference thing. This is just what I do.

Scented, why do you prime in beeswax, if I may ask, and are you using beeswax for your candles too? Thank you.