Wick help

I hope this is not stupid question - but here goes:

I notice that some of the store bought candles that I have ( Colonial Candle and White Barn for example) have a certain type of wick that seems to "self disintergate" as the candle burns and doesn't ever need to be trimmed. One of the candles in particular is a vegetable blend from Bath and Body works and it just burns so perfect and like I said, I don't ever have to trim the wick, it just seems to disappear.

Of course, I have been trying with no success to duplicate the candle and was wondering if anyone knew what type of wick it is that they use or can recommend a place for me to start. I have gone through the process of testing several times with several wicks and several waxes. Right now I'm using the para blend from Wholesale Candle Supply or the 70/30 from Greenleaf. I believe that if I could narrow it down to the right type of wick I could take it from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If I understand your question correctly, I think you are looking for a self-trimming wick. I do not know all the different kinds of wicks that are self trimming, but I do know that CDN wicks are, as that's what we use for our candles. HTH

PS Despite being "self-trimming," they DO need to be clipped to remain at 1/4" - they just won't become an inch long without trimming...

Look for self-trimming wicks. HTP's are also "self-trimming" which basically means the wick curls so the flame doesn't get huge. There are quite a few, you can look on the suppliers websites and they usually describe the wicks. You still have to either pull off the burned wick with your fingers or trim it with a wick trimmer or scissors. I use my fingers alot, but it's messy and hard to get the correct 1/4" length...but I'm lazy!!

Thanks for you help.

The thing is, these wicks do actually "dissolve" and disappear as the candle burns. There's nothing there to trim, that's why I like them so much.

I'll try to find some more info on their websites - that's a great idea!

Thanks