Naming a soap

katshe

Do you all name your soaps by fragrance or give them special names?

Why I ask is , I have made a face bar with neem oil And was thinking of naming it Neemo - face and body bar

for oily skin

But my dilemma is that my company name is Passion Lane

Get the feeling

and maybe I should name soap something more sultry?

I base mine on my fragrances, but I dont use the fragrance name. I use a play on words, and religiously use a thesaurus! Example: My salt bar is scented with Breeze in the Keys. I wanted to stick with Ocean in the title because of the salt, typed in breeze in the thesaurus, and came up with the name Ocean Tempest Salt Bar. Tempest is stormy type weather, and complex depending on how you perceive it, and so is my bar. When I typed in Passion, holy cow there were alot of good ideas.....Rapture of Neemo, Neemo lust....etc...lots of different ideas.

Mslegacy, Not sure where you typed in passion ,but those are some good ideas to start with

My co name came from the fact that I have done everything from jewelry, candles,quilts,tartmelts,and now soap...Following my passion to create...a friend of mine said "ooh that sounds sexy"..I was totally not thinking that until she mentioned it.

I have not as of yet filed for a business license so the name is negotialable at this time.

So far I make two soaps, aqua grean-chai tea & rosemary-mint...for thiose I call them by fragrance.

Thanks for getting my brain in the thinking mode

Mslegacy, Not sure where you typed in passion ,but those are some good ideas to start with

My co name came from the fact that I have done everything from jewelry, candles,quilts,tartmelts,and now soap...Following my passion to create...a friend of mine said "ooh that sounds sexy"..I was totally not thinking that until she mentioned it.

I have not as of yet filed for a business license so the name is negotialable at this time.

So far I make two soaps, aqua grean-chai tea & rosemary-mint...for thiose I call them by fragrance.

Thanks for getting my brain in the thinking mode

Oh I definitely understand the "passion" to create. I'm quite passionate about my products. I was having a conversation with my sis about what to write on a newly married couples card and I mentioned something about passion and she said to me, "that's tacky!:confused: funny but that was when I realized that whenever that word is used, it's usually associated with sex...go figure...just can't have plain ol passion anymore about anything other than that I guess...aliens and subliminal messages is at work here!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: