New Website

Hows the site looking?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Hows the site looking?

• Great
    • Terrible
    • Needs Work

Okay, don't laugh. I'm on dial-up since I'm in Texas on vacation. I looked at your site and it's really nice; I like the flower! Anyway, you might want a different background for your hand sanitizer. While the page was loading, all I could think of was old skin with age spots. I swear that is what it looks like! And it takes forever to load at 56 kbps.

I didn't go through the rest of the site because I'm short of time.

Best of luck!

:grin2:

I too like the flower. All the links I checked worked fine. I personally don't think anyone would sign up for an account for wholesale supplies though... and even if there are some that would you will lose a lot of business for those who won't. Just something to think about. Have you considered two separate sites one for your products and one for your supplies?

I just checked your site so I didn't see it before you revised the colors and I think it's beautiful. I love the flower & the colors. I think your name should be a bit bigger, so people know where they've landed without looking for it.

I didn't check all of your pages but overall GREAT JOB. The only thing that caught my attention was the glare on your pic's. I think your site screams "top notch" and I think the photo's may actually detract from that.

When I first opened your site, I didn't even realize those pics on the main page were of candles. They seem a bit distorted or something...also that small pic of the body lotions at the top seems totally out of place and has no purpose for even being there. I would get rid of it. Another thing that caught my eye was on your candles page you state "They are all natural" so you only use essential oils and NO fragrance oils? You may be using an all natural wax, but when you add fragrance oils they are no longer all natural...that may be misleading to your customers. Just a thought!

Love the new colors and the changes you've made. I would just like to suggest one small thing. On the "Home" page, you have "Handmade Candles, Soap, Lotion, and More" in the banner and right before the "welcome". I would remove the one right before the welcome.

Hello, thanks for all the help so far. All the pics are crap. I am planning to retake all of them in a few days. The pics look great when you are looking at the originals its just resizing them thats making them looks so bad. The age spotted skin is our counter tops. The lighting is just terrible in the pics (i had the flash turned off). I voted it terrible when i was setting up the poll, just a test. I am currently using old descriptions for my candles and products. I am going to work on editing all of those also. I will also check into some other fonts. It probably is loading slow at the moment because all of the old stuff is still loaded onto the server. The "logo", there horrible pic next to Southern Scents, is just a filler. My logo is rectangular(portrait) and it wont fit so i just stuck that pic there until I get back on my computer where i can resize everything. I have thought about two sites but I'm going to wait for that until a later date. I have quite a few who have signed up for my wholesale account thus far and if i keep getting interest i will get a seperate site for that. I will enlarge the business name and i will also word my all natural differently. Thanks.

Working on the page title showing twice. its really anoying and he's( website designer) got it written into the html somehow.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you wouldn't get any interest... I just meant you are losing business too because there will be a lot of people who wouldn't request an account because they don't have to do that with other suppliers, they would just go elsewhere. This is just me, but I wouldn't do it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you wouldn't get any interest... I just meant you are losing business too because there will be a lot of people who wouldn't request an account because they don't have to do that with other suppliers, they would just go elsewhere. This is just me, but I wouldn't do it.

I understand, like I said, I'll probably keep it this way for a while because managing one site is hard enough. I would die if I had two.

Ok, I'm not sure if I'm making sense sometimes or not. :) I think once you get this one going and happy with it you'll see having two is no problem! Then you'll want another, and another, and another!! Ok just kidding!!