Patchwork purse

TexasBrat

That is too cute; I love that cherry fabric! Your straps looks so professional too. That is the part I always have problems with. I made a Breakfast-at-Tiffanys inspired purse a few weeks ago, almost finished, just needs the straps. But, I cant figure out how to do it so they will stay!

Texasbrat, I always love seeing your latest projects!

That would be great! Do you use a pattern? I have made probably 10 purses in the last few years, and have never used a pattern. I usually pick my dimensions, make my own pattern out of paper, and then just use that. But, I have never been able to get my straps to last no matter how many times they got glued down, sewing down, or whatever I have tried in the past! I think once, I even screwed them in with a screwdriver ( a few years ago), and they still came out within a month.

I don't use a pattern, I just decide what it's gong to look like when I pick my fabric. I haven't had any probs with my handles coming apart. I re-inforce the stitching sometimes around the handles to make sure they stay tacked down.

As always, your purses are beautiful. (I may be partial to camo but I still like your other ones. :D ) Did you repaint your house? Your older photos have a green door as a backdrop and this one is white.

No, I just took the pic on my front door this time. ;) I could never re-paint over my periwinkle door or green walls. I love the colors to much. Plus, I have been measuring my kids heights on that door since they were little with dates and names. I told dh when we move we are taking the door with us. :grin2:

Plus, I have been measuring my kids heights on that door since they were little with dates and names. I told dh when we move we are taking the door with us. :grin2:

You could buy pieces of wood - 2 inches wide X 1/2 inch thick X 6 feet tall - and put each one beside the door and copy the heights from the door onto these pieces of wood. My siblings and I each had our own growth stick. :grin2:

You could buy pieces of wood - 2 inches wide X 1/2 inch thick X 6 feet tall - and put each one beside the door and copy the heights from the door onto these pieces of wood. My siblings and I each had our own growth stick. :grin2:
I wish I would have thought about that before. Great idea. My mom had a wall in her bedroom we use to measure ourselves on as we grew up.