Jump to content



Recommended Posts

:sad2: My first ricing happened tonight and I'm so dissappointed. Of course it happened with pine tar. It just had to rice on top of breathing the most horrible smell ugh! I knew with pine tar you had to work fast, but geez I didn't even have time to mix it all in. It got so thick quickly once I got it in the mold. Some bits of pine tar I couldn't get mixed in all the way so do I trash this batch? I know I shouldn't have let it traced so thick, but I was trying to get my butter & wax to melt. My oils were room temp and my lye mixture was hot.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mix my pine tar right in with the oils and make sure it's blended good before I add my lye mix which is ALWAYS under 100 degrees. I have to work fast with my whisk, but I always have enough time to get it in the mold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wish I would of known that, I thought I had read up on everything about making pine tar soap, I guess not. I know for sure I won't ever work with pine tar again, because it bothered my allergies way too much and it still is. I'll only buy it for now on. I just love the stuff it helps my skin and scalp so much. Here's some pics of it after I took it out of the mold, first pic is the top of the soap, 2nd is the bottom. It's so fugly lol.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...