Need inspiration for a charity candle

WHEN!! I get my website up and running, I wanted to have a charity candle. It will be for a guide dogs for the blind charity.

I want it as one particular candle with one colour and one fo, known as The Pathfinder Dogs Charity Candle.

I'm sat trying to think of something appropriate.

Any ideas/Inspiration?

A triple wicked candle in the shape of a dog bone (they make cookie cutters like this - I have a set somewhere) scented.... ummm...

LIVER? No that won't work....

Kitty Nuggets? No, not that one....

Hey - how's about cake? Dogs LOVE cake even though it's not good for them (or us...:rolleyes2)

Or pennyroyal... or mint... or citronella...

Anyway, that's my half-baked ideas. Sounds like a WONDERFUL idea on your part! HTH

What about doing some tins that on the top have a dog bone that has the wick going through the middle so you have a complete melt pool while burning it. I would suggest scenting it with something fresh to kind of help with the smell of a dog. I just know that mine can get pretty stinky from time to time.

My cousin owns a doggy daycare and she carries my odor eliminator candles and they sale like hot cakes there.

hehe, wonder if theres a dirty wet dog FO ;)

Tins cost me a fortune, I can't source them cheaply enough :(

cost me £14.95 for 10 8oz ones recently.

I've found a 2inch dog bone cutter (no moulds) on ebay, thought about a 3inch chunk pillar?

think they are shop bought, but that should do.

I like the travel tin idea, if I can get the tins a lot cheaper.

I like the dog bone chunk pillar , but what about.............

an empty dog food tin, with a label one (made to look like a dog food label), with the pathfinders logo and details etc.......... with a chunk candle in that?

or am I just getting silly and carried away now rofl

I LIKE your idea of a tin dogfood-lookin' can with a label to match!

You could make the candle look like stew - with the square pieces of mystery meat, the carrots, the green peas, the goop... stuff looks better than people food sometimes...

Now who's gettin' carried away...:embarasse

an empty dog food tin' date=' with a label one (made to look like a dog food label), with the pathfinders logo and details etc.......... with a chunk candle in that?

[/quote']

I like the idea! :yay: Just make sure the edges are filed smooth. Maybe you can find plastic snap on lids too.

Well there's a puppie's breath scent out there and if I don't like it there will be a bottle available lol!

Seriously there is a scent called that. Maybe that? I like the dog bone embed idea. Heck they may make cutters that look like paws to.

ooh snap on lids. I have some of those for my dogs food, they are really cheap, love it!

I've seen a 2" bone cutter, but theres also a paw one, and a german shepherd (the guide dogs are german shepherds), although a bone would be easier to make out.

I'll check with Jo if she has dog breath lmao, explaining first of course that I mean fo and not her :laugh2:

Now this is one is alot of work. How about an ever lasting pillar. Maybe with some pics of the types of dogs that are used. I know you could charge more and then get into tealites. Ask the people to come back and buy replacement tealites from you to support your organization.Told you it was alot. Good luck with what ever you decide. It is a wonderful thing... I love dogs

:grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

No matter what you decide for the candle I would definately offer a few choices of fragrances for these, or you might just turn some people away that might have otherwise purchased your candle. People can be really finicky about things like that. Just a thought.

Good luck!