Black film in melt pool...HELP!

I am testing 16 & 26 oz. elevation jars (similar to apothecary, for those that don't know what they are) and I have a couple of scents that I get a slight black film that floats on top of the melt pool. :sad2: I understand it is somehow coming from the wick...but can anyone tell me what is causing it? It only happens with a couple of scents. I use Plain 415 & beeswax blend and have been testing cottons, htp's and now cd's (and am double wicking these babies) ...seems to have happened with all 3 types of wicks. It's driving me nuts cuz it makes the candle look dirty.

This ever happen to anyone out there?:rolleyes2

TIA Stacy

Thanks Henryk...I did a search but my description of the problem didn't bring anything up. I'm going to mix up another batch and stir stir stir and see if that works. I am noticing this morning that an Orange Chiffon has the same problem to a minor degree...and that definitely has vanilla. I appreciate your help. Thanks so much for your help. :cool2:

Dashmo...now I understand your ? about the vanilla...thanks also.

Stacy

George-

Thanks for responding...I had typed a whole post and poof it disappeared. :angry2: I hate that! Anyways...

I'm wondering why it only happens with a few scents? I am test burning numerous candles and scents right now (yes, there is an eerie glow about our house :D ) and they are all wicked the same and then I wick up or down depending on what is necessary.

I repoured 3 scents and made sure I was diligent about stirring the fo into the wax and I am finding so far (but will post results once they are completely tested) that they are doing much better.

I am actually having more problems with wicks drowning that actually having the wicks being too big in most cases. :rolleyes2

I sure wish I had choosen an easier jar to wick...hindsight is 20/20. :(

I truly appreciate your input on this. Thanks. Stacy