Gotta love Upland!

guppygirl

I got the Log Mold 3.25W x 2.75H x 15L (134) holds 4.5lbs wet soap.

I've just gotten to the point where I'm happy & comfortable selling my soap. I just introduced it at my last candle party, but most of the ladies there were new so they were so hung up on tarts & warmers that I only sold 3 bars of soap... only 57 more bars to go! That's why I thought I'd start off with a smaller mold.

Wah! :cry2: I ordered my Upland log on Monday and haven't received a shipping notice.

Definitely give them a call - I got my shipping notice 4 hours after I ordered my mold!

Oh & thanks for the heads up Melly. I had searched their site before ordering to make sure this one would fit my 3lb batches & then had to figure out that I had been making my batches according to oil weight. I've triple checked my math so I know this will be perfect... now if it would just hurry up and get here!

I love Upland!

I think some she has sitting around and some are made on an as ordered basis. I just talked to her about a block mold the other day and she said it would need to be made first....so would take a couple of weeks.

Jen

Makes sense :)

Does anyone know how I'd go about insulating this mold? Does it need blankets? I thought I read someone saying that they didn't need any extra insulation since it had the liner.

TIA!

Here's what I've found with my Uplands - I have a small log (9 inches), a long log (18 inches) and a slab (12-bar). Each one is different when it comes to insulating needs and a lot also depends on what temp I soap and what fos/eos I'm using.

The longer log heats up much more than the smaller - more soap so more heat. This is the only mold I've ever had a volcano issue with so if I know I'm going to use it, I make sure I'm soaping pretty cool. (I try to soap cool but sometimes I get impatient :rolleyes2 ) And if I'm doing anything spicy - I leave the lid off and don't insulate at all. It generates plenty enough heat to go through gel. I make sure to check every once in a while to see how it's doing...if I have the cover on and it's looking a little too warm, I just take the cover off a bit.

On the smaller log and the slab, I usually do cover it with a blanket.

This weekend I did my first non-gel and just put the long log out in the garage (it was 60 here today) without the cover - worked like a charm.

Jen