tiny bubbles?

Well, just for an example last night i tried buring a 16 oz apothecary jar (3.5") using an eco 12. that was what the supplier recommended.

In fact, on all of the ones we have tried, we just did what the supplier recommended, figuring it was a safe place to start.....

Doesn't sound like you overwicked at all. I actually used an ECO 14 in a 3" container (square) and didn't get the bubbles, but they have appeared before when I overwicked. Aside from these bubbles, how are the ECO wicks performing for you in C-3? Are they smoking at all?

They are actually doing really well besides that. I did have one octagon shaped jar that smoked a little, but I do think the wick was too long in that one now that i think about it. And that may be the case with this one I burned last night too. I tried to wait two weeks before burning them so I could just test the wick and the scent at the same time, and I had mentioned that I thought all of the wicks in those first candles were too long....

My husband doesn't think we should try any other wick type because "what the supplier says has to be right" :rolleyes2

I use C-3 wax and have tried tons of wicks...IMHO the ECO's do not perform the best, but the are "all natural" and if that's what your going for, work thru the problems. Every supplier has their own opinion that they recommend...try different wick guides and you'll get a different answer!! Supplier info is a good start, but the only way you'll know what you like best is to try others that have been suggested here. Most suppliers have wick samplers so you can order a pkg that contains a few of all the sizes of a particular brand before buying a zillion of them!! HTH

I may do that, order some sample packs that is. It can't hurt anyways. I ordered the ECO's first because they were all natural, but I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if something else did better....

What kind have you found that works the best for you with the C3, (unless you mind me asking) ??

Thank you for your help btw, everyone here is so helpful!

I've actually had pretty good luck with HTP wicks (were recommended by one supplier, actually this is what came in the kit I bought before I started out.) I'm just now testing CDN wicks...so far...pretty good...not finished testing. LX wicks burn wonderfully, but leave behind droppings, sometimes soot and they shroom). Maybe someone else will pipe in with what works for them in C-3:yay:

Lone Star carries a master wick sampler pack...which has a few of every wick they carry, wish I knew about it before I bought a zillion wicks. I would have definitely bought it to test them all...who am I kidding, I :laugh2: still might buy it!

My husband doesn't think we should try any other wick type because "what the supplier says has to be right"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I understand where he's comin' from, but suppliers don't always know and are passing along info they have "heard"... even manufacturers don't test their stuff with EVERY combination out there...

Ya gotta be brave and put on your lab coat and do your own scientific studying.;)

Try CDNs - they work real well for us in C-3.